Arkansas State Parks

Princess Kathleen

We have been in Arkansas over the last 2 weeks. While here we stayed a Petit Jean Mountain (near Morrilton0and Lake Dardanelle(near Russelville) State Parks. The parks were well maintained and had beautiful vistas. We got the winter rate which is half price of the normal rate...$13 to $15 a night with 50 amps, water and sewer. If you get a chance check them out.:D

PK

jwb187

Quiet about that Princess Kathleen, we have great parks in our area, just don't spread the word too much!!!!!

jimtoo

Hey, you guys got some nice parks up there and if I remember right, even in summer, if you have a Golden Age Passport you get 50% off. We are coming that way this summer on the way to the Heartland Owners National Rally in Branson.

jpmorgan37

Sue and I spent two weeks at Petit Jean last May and it was beautiful. Jim, the Golden Age doesn't work for State Parks, only Federal Parks. (Corps of Eng., US Forest Serv, BLM, National Forest). I sure wish they did. We use it when we can.
John

jimtoo

We stayed at Crater of Diamonds SP summer before last and got a 50% discount. Thought it was because I had Golden Age PP. Maybe they just give GOOD LOOKING SENIORS a discount. :D

JimM

Two Hands

We will be coming back through that area in Sep-Oct of this year and that would be a good place to stop and rest for a couple days. However, I could not find any camping at Petit Jean SP. I searched using Reserve America and the Good Sam routing/camping program. Still nothing. Would you be kind enough to tell me how I could find out more about it?

Two Hands

GOT IT!! Thank you so much! That looks like a beautiful park. I hope we will be able to get reservations to stay there.