hello all

new to the site. we have purchased a 3650 gateway fithwheel.bought it late last year, we lived in it fulltime for a year and know use it for out of town work. we really enjoy the camper. would anyone have stayed in there gateway during cold winter times. we will be spending alot of time in kansas and would like to hear some good ideas for cold weather.

danemayer

Hi brian.mobley,

At least one Gateway owner has posted about his cold weather experiences. Hopefully he'll see this thread. While you're waiting for other responses, take a look at our owner-written user guides. The Water Systems Winter Usage Guide will have a lot of tips that will help you manage, and the Heating and Cooling Guide may be helpful to you as well.

1_oldgoat

Hey there,
Dan is correct, my wife and i bought our Gateway 3500RE last november and had to use it for a family emergency in Spokane during December through February in temps well below freezing and 20 below for close to 2 weeks so got a crash course on cold weather use. The biggest issue we had were the low point drains, ice wicked up the lines from them and froze the feed lines, Dan helped me with that problem by building boxs out of 1 inch foam board insulation and putting heaters inside to thaw the lines out, after that we had no more problems and now would and do not have any problem.using the Gateway in any weather, there are pictures posted from last winters experience.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to send an email.
Marcus