Round Scare Lights

Westwind

I have two of the round Scare Lights on my 2012 Bighorn, the frames are rusting and have to be painted and the lenses have turned a dark yellow. I have been looking online for some replacements for the lenses or the whole fixture.

Has anyone replaced the light lenses?
If so where and what do you get and where?

It's more of a cosmetic thing but they are ugly against my waxed white trailer. I hope Heartland had upgraded these lights.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I have one on my 2011 Landmark doing the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sengli

The UV from sunlight is making them yellow. I ordered a replacement off amazon, it was cheaper to buy the whole fixture, VS just buying the replacement lens.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Could be snake oil, but what about that product I've seen advertised on TV to clean and renew the headlamp lenses on cars?

Westwind

Problem is I've only used them once or twice, I have one switch for both lights so I hate to light up the off door side when I don't need too. It's more of a cosmetic problem then
light problem since it works. I'm afraid if I purchase a new light in two years it will be yellow again.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Problem is I've only used them once or twice, I have one switch for both lights so I hate to light up the off door side when I don't need too. It's more of a cosmetic problem then
light problem since it works. I'm afraid if I purchase a new light in two years it will be yellow again.

The only time I turn them on is to see if they still work (I haven't put LED's in them). Other than that, they're pretty much useless for doing any work under them unless you want to blind the neighbors. Mine have separate switches. And the rings on mine are showing some rust, too, but the lenses are still clear.

porthole

Retired
The only time I turn them on is to see if they still work (I haven't put LED's in them). Other than that, they're pretty much useless for doing any work under them unless you want to blind the neighbors. Mine have separate switches. And the rings on mine are showing some rust, too, but the lenses are still clear.

I just added LED's to mine to replace a burnt out bulb. I would say the light output is about a third of what the standard bulb produced.

Westwind

I've been looking at the stainless ones on ebay - they are on the list of not necessary things to get.