Wireless Hotspot devices

Grey Ghost

Has any tried this type of product yet? Do they really work and are they worth the money? Is it true you and just purchase this little gadget and use your I-pad or android phone to connect to the internet and check e-mails and facebook accounts? We are starting to travel more and more and some campgrounds either don't offer or offer very poor quality sites. Just wondering if anyone has tried this product or something similar and if it works in the backcountry. :cool:
Free 4G Wireless Internet with Nationwide Hotspot

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I believe that nothing is free.
They make it sound pretty good but if you read all the info it states that you get 500mb free.
They don't tell you how much it will cost when you go over that amount.
500mb is not much.
Just my thoughts.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

wdk450

Grey Ghost:
This looks intriguing, but I was bitten by the fraudulent vendors reprogramming a MiFi 2200 on Verizon for this type of service, without Verizon's consent. Eventually, I just had to chuck it and get something through a local Verizon retailer, for $50 a month for 5GB.
Your device SEEMS to be something different than Verizon, and the other guys wanted $140, so hopefully yours is not the fraudulent Verizon"deal". I would do some websearch on the company/device/service and see if there are any user comments out there.

But thanks for the heads up about a possible great deal!!!

cgunn

I use my iPhone as a "Hot Spot" with no gadget needed.
I get 3 gigs of data for $40. I use wifi when I'm in a park
that has it (which is most).
Works well for us.....

danemayer

The equipment offered by Tanga is used/refurbished. The service is from FreedomPop.com and appears to be "Freemium" where there's a basic plan that's free and they hope to make money by selling you additional service. I think you can register existing devices on FreedomPop, so if you have an old phone, or a tablet, you may be able to get a little free internet.

I would read the fine print very carefully to see what you're really signing up for.