Mysterious Roller (bedroom slide)

jmb

I'm new to the site so here goes. My wife just handed me a roller assembly she found next to the bed. Our slide has not been closed for months and she cleans that area at least once a week. We have a 3055RL model. Any one feel like telling me where this roller goes? The roller has four sheared off screws and after crawling around on the floor I can;t find any place it would be attached to the bed. Thanks

linuxkidd

That would be a slide out roller. If you look under the slide out from the inside with a good flashlight (You'll need to be a contortionist to accomplish this), you'll see them lined up along where the floor and slide meet. Chance are, that one goes in there someplace.

If you'd like to see some installed and know what to look for, the easiest spot to see them is under the kitchen slide. Now, this part is only my opinion, but It's probably not excessively detrimental that one is missing. I'd definitely call the dealer though to get it scheduled for repair at your convenience ( or theirs.. LOL )

Hope this helps,
LK

**Edit: I just looked at that floor plan... No kitchen slide. If you had a kitchen slide, you could see them pretty easy.. ;)

SAL7187

The end of the bed frame slides on two rollers, I had one fall off my cyclone after using the camper twice. The bed mattress needs lifted up and the plywood cover then you should see where it goes.

jimtoo

First, what year is your 3055RL? I have a 08 model and the bedroom slide is different from the previous models. Mine has suddenly started tearing the black cover of the bottom of the slide. And I can see no reason for it. But if you bring the slide in about 3/4 of the way, and depending on which side you found the roller you should be able to see on the lip where the slide goes out where the roller was mounted. I have not checked into the mounting any further, because both of mine are still mounted and have no screws sticking up to tear the cover. So I can see no reason why it should be tearing the cover on the bottome of my slide. I have not gotten any further due to shoulder surgery. But it looks like you would have to remove mattress and the complete cover that the mattress rest on to get to a position that you could see and remount the roller. I am going to check on mine further, but it will be several weeks before I can handle the labor. I may contact dealer, my unit is only 13 months old.

jmb

Thanks, I was hoping I could fix this myself, but I do have a couple other things to get done at the dealer.

jmb

Jimtoo, My coach is a 06 model. We are fulltimers and love the coach, but things just get old and break, like us. Thanks for the response and hope you recover soon.

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Well! This is certianly timely and very interesting. We've had a slide leak since we picked up the '09 3055 RL on December 1. We had the seals replaced (thanks to Steve Kennel and his attention), but the new bottom seal tore on the side between the shower and the slide. This happened when I extended the slide for the first time after it was repaired. I noticed the slide "jumped-up" a bit on that side when I went out and it did it again when it came in. Maybe it's a roller problem that's causing collateral issues with leaking? I just dropped the unit off to have it repaired, again. I'll keep ya'll informed.

Fordsd250

I had a roller on the bed slide come off, and the slide dropped down on the frame around the openning of the slide. I did not know this had happened until I noticed a tear in the bottom of the slide. The screws had broke so I replaced with bigger and more screws. this has been a few months ago, but I was ablr to fix it my self.