Millenicom WiFi shutting down this weekend

Garypowell

I am sure most have worked through the Millenicom purchase by Verizon. My account was on vacation when it happened so there was no immediate problem for me. I still tried several times to get through to someone to find out what the new deal via Verizon direct might be. After about a week (trying 3 - 4 times) I finally found someone who seemed to at least know the name Millenicom....but said the person I had to speak to was out of the office until this past Tuesday.

I tried again yesterday and was given a phone number of 800-233-8974 and then minutes after that an email showed up announcing the Millenicom WiFi would be shut down this weekend and I needed to act soon.

I called the number and then busied myself with other stuff while I waited in line for about an hour. Someone did come on the line and said the deal for "us" was $99 for 20 Gig and then $8 a gig thereafter. She mentioned some other higher priced plans but they carried a $15 per gig extra. One other thing...these connections can only be put on vacation 2 times a year.

The most important thing she mentioned was that this deal was only good until 8 PM tonight.

When the purchase happened I was home ported back in Melbourne, FL and had a strong park WiFi and was supplementing with my AT&T hot spot on their newest deal 30 Gig for $130.00.

I liked the idea of having a backup when in area's that did not have AT&T that was not too costly that I could shut off whenever I wanted. And I was open to switching back to Millenicom/Verizon if there as an exceptional package on the table....but what she offered was not good enough.

So my little device is basically of no use to me....if any of you would like a good deal on my little Jet Pack (model MHS291LVW) PM me and make an offer. First come first served.

Gary

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
On another forum a Millenicom user said they just received a message that due to the high call volume there service is being extended...