How to secure LCD TV

cdnrver

Just got our 2009 Sundance - Instead of a built-in TV cabinet in the living area the unit came with a base cabinet and cabinets above the base - base cabinet countertop is made of solid surface material.

You can see a picture of the TV cabinet here here:

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/cdnrver/?action=view&current=tvcabinet.jpg

Aesthetically, it looks great - a much smarter design - matches the kitchen cabinets - and you can use a much larger TV.

The problem I will have is how to secure the LCD TV when traveling ("built-in" cabinets have all kinds of options) - I thought about screwing a LCD mount to the wall in the back but by knocking on the wall panel it appears that there is little support there to screw anything into - also worried about any plumbing in the wall since the shower is on the opposite side.

Any ideas on how to hold the TV in place (short of drilling holes through the solid surface top)?

cj11302000

I am going to mount a 20" LCD TV/DVD combo that weighs 13lbs to the way with a nice mount I bought. I knocked on the wall and can feel a pretty good sized stud right in the middle...I imagine Heartland put it there for just such a mount. This might be a good question though for the ask the factory forum...to ask Heartland if the stud in the middle is strong enough.

jbeletti

cj11302000,

This may be of some help. See this thread where the factory answered a similar question on a specific model Sundance.

Jim