Residential Refrigator Model FFSc2323LS9 ice and water very little water coming out

rodneyl

We have been in our 2015 Hartland 5th wheel model 3875FB for only 6 week and are already starting to experience problem with ice and water production. Water is down to a trickle and ice production is almost non-existent we have taken filter out and put back in with no improvement. Any suggestions?

danemayer

Hi rodneyl,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I assume you have good water flow at other locations in the coach.

I'd suggest locating the cutoff valve for the water feed line. Close it and disconnect the feed to the frig. You'll want to have a bowl on hand to catch the water that comes out of the disconnected hose. The water cutoff valve is usually located under one of the kitchen counters, or in the basement, behind the UDC (the rear basement wall has to be taken down).

With the empty bowl positioned to catch the water that comes out of the cutoff valve, slowly open it to verify water flow to the valve. That will tell you whether the problem is before or after the cutoff valve.

If the problem is before the valve, and you don't have water flow problems elsewhere, you may have a valve problem.

If the problem is after the valve, the two likely causes would be 1) a clogged water filter, or 2) a pinched water feed line.

I'm not sure if the water feed operates with the filter removed, but you should try that. If it does have good water flow without the filter, the filter may have been clogged by crud in the water supply. If there's no flow, it probably means the filter is required for operation. If water flow is still poor, that would suggest a pinched feed line.

Since you're in warranty, you may want to have your dealer pull the frig and check the feed line.

It's possible to move the frig yourself to check the water line - it's probably blocked at the top and should have mounting screws at the bottom front corners. If the feed line is kinked, it should be replaced to prevent future leaks.

If you suspect a pinched feed line, I would close the cutoff valve until the problem is corrected. A pinched line could start leaking at any time.