Molly is 10 !

porthole

Retired
Today is our baby's 10th Birthday
2vrolijk_06.gif

9 years and 1 month ago she was destined to euthanasia.
We were the last "try" the local shelter did.

They called us (knowing we did Golden Rescue work) and asked if we could just give a try and see what is up with this wild rambunctious pup.
"No commitment, just try"

At the time she was only 11 months old and had been in 5 homes already!
Such a problem child that the local Animal Control officer pulled her from the shelter to give her one last try at her home.
She was the one that called us.

I've had dogs, cats etc my whole life and have never had one so attached to me as this one.

We tell all the newcomers to the Golden world (all large dogs included) that every day past 10 is a blessing. So starting tomorrow she gets an extra hug every day.

Attachments

• Molly_09-06-14.jpg
    Molly_09-06-14.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 49

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow. Happy bday Molly. My Black and Tan doxie is 8 and i don't want to think about with the future holds after about 14 which is average for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Happy Birthday Molly!

Our English Setter, Katie will be 10 on March 27th...can't believe how fast time has gone. She has been on the road with us from day one.. a 7 month old pup when we started. Already started the daily hugs and kisses...not wanting to think about how much time is left...:(

wino2

Happy Birthday, Molly! All dogs are good, but it takes work. The loyalty and devotion that animals give in return is priceless! 😋 😋

f250dieseldad

Happy Birthday Molly!!! Dad you better have some cake with her while you both watch tv tonight. I know Molly has her own chair next to dad.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Happy Birthday Molly, I know what you mean Duane Hanna is 11 and that is very unusual for a Rottie she gets hugs and kisses multiple times in a day for tomorrow may never come. They are a big part of our lives and steal your heart without you even knowing it.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Happy Birthday Molly!

My best friends all have fur or feathers. Trace

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Duane/Deb, we had the pleasure if meeting 3 of your fury companions over the last few years. They made us see the enjoyment of having them as a part of the family.

wlraf6.jpg

2vuzi9u.jpg

Happy Birthday Molly!!