Slides out or in?

Hey all, We just purchased our Big Country 3490BHS this past Thursday at RV's for Less in KNoxville. So far, it's great. I've been wondering something. We had a travel trailer before and I usually kept the slides in when it was sitting at the house. What do you guys do when you are at home? Do you pull the slides in or keep them out? I know the dealers usually leave them out so people can look through them.

Thanks!
Greg DeBord
Knoxville, TN

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hi Greg,
Congratulations on your new rig. We have a Bighorn and we leave our slideouts out when we are at the house. Have been doing this for over four years.

Good luck,
Mark

5catfam

We have a 3055 and leave the slides out when were at home, except when we store it for winter and only because it is covered. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours!!None

Bopper

Greetings:

I do not want to add to the confusion about slides in or out, but.......

I would recommend that whatever you decide that you move them in the opposite direction at least once every couple of weeks. I have had two examples of why this is necessary: 1: I have had the pinion gears seize up due to rust while not mobile 2: I have had a neighbor with seized up seals because of inactivity. In either case, moving the slide in or out every so often would have prevented the problem.

Best regards (from sunny Florida)
Bopper

2 adults and a very spoiled Cocker Spaniel
2006 3500RL Bighorn