Greystone Fireplace

Dave

Traveling Two
In our 2014 3010RE Big Horn the fireplace has been operating properly but today when we turned it on you could see the heating element glow a bright orange and then the element and the blower fan shut off. The background "flames" still work. The element got so hot you couldn't touch the front of the fireplace, this has never happenied before. You could also smell a burning smell of some sort. Has anyone else had issues with a Greystone fireplace? Would Heartland replace the fireplace or Greystone? Thanks for your input.

FiremanBill

sounds like a weak spot on the heating element and it burned through. Not too uncommon on electric heaters. I have found that to be the case in more than one house fire caused by a space heater.

Usually does not happen to a new heater unless it was a manufacturing defect.

happykraut

Dave I've replaced mine on my 2014 3010RE. If it comes down to that, feel free to send me a private message.

donr827

If this is the first time you have turned it on the smell could be dust burning off which is normal. I have electric heat at home and the first time I use it after not using it for 5-6 months I get the smell for a short period of time. Getting as hot as you mentioned is not normal.....
Don

GOTTOYS

You will need to replace the fan and heater module. They are a single unit. Much smaller than you would think. Maybe a 1/2 hr. job. My blower has quit on mine for the second time. I got it working the last time by taking it apart and cleaning it. I priced a new one and it's $179.00 which I thought was kind of high. ...Don