How to keep the back half of a 2015 Elkridge 38 RSRT warm

I just purchased a 2015 Elkridge 38 RSRT, and when we stayed in it for a couple nights where the temperatures dropped into the 40's, it seemed like the back half (from the living room to the back bathroom) would not stay warm. The master bedroom was warm as it is on a separate thermostat. The living room was warm as well. How do I get the rear bedroom and bathroom to stay warm?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Andersondebono and welcome to the forum. This is a great place to share information.

While I don't know a lot about the Elkridge 38 RSRT, I can offer a couple of general ideas.

You might want to look underneath your rig and if possible remove some of the belly material so that you can check below for any kinked or disconnected heat duct lines.
Saying that, I am assuming that there is at least one heat register in the rear bedroom.

That is a long run from the furnace and the heat just might be having trouble getting back there efficiently.
You might think about using some sort of supplemental heat.
Many people use small electric heaters in their coach.

Peace
Dave

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We have the same issue. The back half is a separate room and also the furthest run from the furnace. One heat register only. We found that a separate electric heater set on the low setting did the trick. Several nights in the low 30s and the bunkroom was nice and cozy.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hello Andersondebono and welcome to the forum. This is a great place to share information.

While I don't know a lot about the Elkridge 38 RSRT, I can offer a couple of general ideas.

You might want to look underneath your rig and if possible remove some of the belly material so that you can check below for any kinked or disconnected heat duct lines.
Saying that, I am assuming that there is at least one heat register in the rear bedroom.

That is a long run from the furnace and the heat just might be having trouble getting back there efficiently.
You might think about using some sort of supplemental heat.
Many people use small electric heaters in their coach.

Peace
Dave

Dave, I don't think you can see the ductwork from underneath in an Elkridge. Because it does not have the drop frame, the "duct" in my Elkridge -- and I assume all ERs -- is a rectangular metal box channel that runs the length of the coach just below the interior plywood floor, with holes cut for the vents. It is not visible or accessible from underneath without removing the vapor barrier, so I don't think that's the issue. The lack of heating is probably just a really long run from the furnace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you guys are right, that it is just a really long run, and the thermostat is in the living room almost right above the vent. There is definitely heat coming from the register in the bedroom and back bathroom. I will get an electric heater, and try that way. We are going to Albany, GA this weekend, so hopefully there will be nice weather up there. Thanks again for the information.

dave10a

I have the same problem in my unit. It has to do with insulation and seals of the slides. I have a 1500 watt fire place that is mandatory to keep my living space warn in cold weather. My furnace is capable to keep the living area warm if I want to use copious amounts of propane. I borrowed and infra-red temperature monitor and it is amazing how poorly my trailer is insulated in the living area.