Key Largo, what to do with with cabinet in bathroom?

Fun2travel

Hi all! We just picked up our 2014 Landmark Key Largo a couple weeks ago. We have a little time before we start using it for FT. Trying to make the best use of storage compartments.
I wonder what ideas you might have for using the lower cabinet in the bathroom. It is quite deep and good size, but due to the toilet fixture placement, the door will not open very wide. I think I'd be on the floor trying to get things out of that cabinet.
Hoping for good suggestions. One idea we had was to take the shelf off above it and not even open the cabinet door and just use it for a close hamper, or else just use that cabinet for the storage of winter clothes.
I even wondered about opening up the wall on the otherside of it that is in the kitchen.

I just hate to waste this good, but kind of hard to use space.

Thanks!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I use a collapsible, mesh basket I got from Walmart and keep my dirty laundry in there. I have to partially unload it to get the basket out, but works great...

jjriker

We keep lotions and other bathroom supplies in the cabinet. I use several rectangular wicker baskets which are pretty easy to grab and pull out when I need something from down there. Our bathroom must be oriented a little differently though as our cabinet door opens normally, so I don't know if this idea would work for your configuration.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Jessica...your Landmark does not have the floor to ceiling cabinet next to the shower that the Key Largo has...we are referring to the bottom portion of that cabinet, not under the sink...

harlancook

Like Jessica, we keep spare TP/paper towels in the back and black tank chemicals towards the front in our '13 Key Largo. We like the fact that the deep space is great for those bulky items too. While it does require some low bending, the weight of those items stored makes them really simple to retrieve.