New Horizons, Coast to Coast, RPI..Best?

DeeJay

We are new to traveling with a 5th wheel and want to join a campground that is the best buy and gives the best rates. When we retire in about 5 years we will have very little money and want to purchase while we can still pay for it. We were approached by K/M Resorts in Washington State and we thought $6,000 was way out of line (which was down from $7,900 first quoted). We had to have a "host" campground where we paid $350 per year to maintain, they had 9 or so other resorts in their system and with that came Coast to Coast and RPI affiliations. I know there are cheaper rates out there, and being virginal to all this we were wondering what your thoughts are and where is the best place to buy reputable "used" memberships. And who is the best.

DeeJay

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
We wanted to do the same thing when we were looking toward retiring and traveling. Since we were in a large market area (Dallas), we found several in the newspaper that were for sale. There are some rules to transferring a membership and the person that bought the original membership has to be released from their ownership before it can transfer. Check around on the internet and you'll find many "campground memberships for sale". We eventually did not purchase one because of the limitations and the memberships that we would have benefited most from are very expensive. We use the Good Sam and Woodalls and strike out on our way. We have stayed for extended periods at places where we paid less for a 30 day stay than we could have as members. Look around and don't get sucked into a "deal" you can't be comfortable with in the end.

DeeJay

Thanks for the reply. I am coming to the conclusion that we will have to wait until we find the right deal and do more research. Campgrounds will only get more expensive to stay in because of rising costs, as I know, I run a county campground myself. Rising electrical costs and utility costs are the reason.