Front jack relay / 6 point level / kitchen slide

BLHFUN

Ok, I have an intermittent switch or relay problem throughout the 5vr. Front landing switch will run for about 10 seconds and then pop the relay. Wait 5 seconds and it Re-sets for another 10 seconds. The carries through the living room slide and the 6 point auto level systems. Never using more than 1 at any one given time. It sounds like the relay "pop" is inside the front gen compartment. I triple checked all the wire connections inside this compartment for loose wires. It really sounds and feels the a relay that may be going bad?

thoughts?

danemayer

Hi Bart,

Sounds like the common element is the 12V DC mini-breaker for hydraulic pump. The 50 amp breaker can become weak, requiring replacement, but the problem can also be caused by low voltage, loose connections at the battery, or by a bad ground connection.

For more info, take a look at our 12V Block Diagram & Diagnostic Guide. If you have a residential refrigerator, there's a more complete diagram in the Residential Refrigerator Guide.

You're looking for a set of mini-breakers near the battery.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 60

BLHFUN

I'm not in front of the breakers, But are they all the same voltage mini breakers? I see in the diagram that there is a breaker " not used". I'm thinking I could just move the wire to another mini breaker and see if the problem follows? That is if the are all the same voltage breakers.

danemayer

They're all 12V DC but the amperage values vary. You probably don't have an unused 50amp breaker. The good news is they're about $10 at many auto parts stores or marine supply stores. Look for an auto reset that has the same mounting configuration.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I spoke with Heartland customer service a week ago about the same issue. I would pull the slides in and it would go for about 10 seconds and trip the breaker. Wait for a few seconds and start again. They stated the same thing as Dan did. More than likely a weak breaker. They told me when I get the trailer out of storage in the spring, they would send me a replacement.

Jamie

scottyb

Mine is doing the same. On my last trip it became more frequent. So I stopped at a parts store (near a Walmart) in Roswell, NM. Picked one up for $8, to have in case of total failure. I made it home w/o changing it. There was some discussion earlier, where someone posted a document or letter from Lippert about recommendations of going to a higher (80A) amperage breaker. It requires using a different style breaker. I saved it for future use.

Attachments

• 80 amp breaker lippert0058.pdf
    51.6 KB · Views: 50

BLHFUN

Perfect. Headed to deer camp, so I'll grab one in case of full failure as well. Thank you guys!

Roller4tan

It stated wiring and breaker to be supplied by the dealer. Sounds to me that the wiring needs to be upgraded as well, to match the 80 amp breaker

scottyb

Well I installed the 50A breaker that I picked up in NM. Guess what, it didn't fix the problem. It was in the 50's this AM, so the hydraulic oil shouildn't have been too cool. Looks like I may be installing the 80A breaker as described in Lippert's Instructions that I pposted above.