2015 CY3010 6 Point Auto Level System

TX_Clay

Only had the rig for a month now and have a couple of questions. I see that there are multiple holes in each of the rams that I assume are for adjusting the distance for ground clearance? I have a low spot that the rear back jack extends to full and just barely touches the ground. Have to add a couple 2x12 blocks to give it enough room to adjust. Just curious if anyone has changed theirs and if so, why and was there any issues from it? Or should I just leave it alone and continue using blocks when necessary?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think there would be a problem moving the position, as long as it doesn't go too low. How low is too low? I don't know.
But, if you are in a temporary spot why bother to move it?
If this is at your home, consider filling in the low spot or add some patio blocks and leave them in place.
Just a couple of thoughts.

Peace
Dave

TX_Clay

I am actually thinking ahead to a bike rally we go to in May in Henderson TX. You park on about a 5 or 6 degree grade front to back. On my old trailer, I had to go all the way to the ground on the nose to get even close to level and this was after I went up on double stacked 2x12 blocks. Not sure how high I want to stack supports to achieve level. Guess I will wait till I get there. No since moving things for what if problems.

porthole

Retired
"If" you decide to reposition one of your rear leveling jacks - you should reposition all four jacks to the same set of holes.
If you lower the rears, you stand a good chance of bottoming out on driveways, service station entries etc.

My opinion would be to supplement the rear with several pieces of 2x10's, about 16-18 inches long.

TX_Clay

Thank you Cookie and Porthole for your input. I think I will leave it as it is. Hate to screw something up.
Porthole - reading about all the mods you have done to your 5vr. Those are some really good ideas. I would like to incorporate some of those into mine. Just have to convince the misses. She is like "it is brand new, leave it alone."
You would have thought I shot her when I put a hole in the wall to mount hooks in the bathroom. Thanks again for you thoughts.