Cut and Hole in Carpet

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
About 2 months ago I noticed a fray in the carpet in the bedroom and upon further inspection I discovered that the carpet had been cut at the end of the bed. It was about 8 inches long. Took pics of it and sent it to the dealer and shortly after that I found another spot in the LR and discovered a hole in the carpet. The installers at the factory knew about both places because they tried to cover it up by putting staples on each side of the damaged areas. The dealer finally got approval to replace the carpet. I got an appoint to replace and the roll of carpet the factory sent was the wrong kind. But when the contractor arrived he was able to repair the two damaged places. It seems that the factory needs to improve on the quality control. The quality of the carpet that is put in these units is very cheap. Could be better for the money we pay. Happy with the repair.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A "clean" slit can be usually repaired with carpet seam tape. It's actually how they join sections together through doorways. (I know, I've removed carpeting from my homes)

But, you're right, more quality control and less trying to "sweep it under the rug" would be appropriate.