3 Seasons Door

dkschier

We have a 2014 Cyclone toy hauler with the pull down screen and considering replacing it with the new 3 season door. Wondering if those who has these new doors would share their opinions on them. Thank you

scottyb

We have a 2014 Cyclone toy hauler with the pull down screen and considering replacing it with the new 3 season door. Wondering if those who has these new doors would share their opinions on them. Thank you

I would prefer the roll down screen and I have the 3 season doors. If I lived and camped in a cool climate where there might be mosquitos, it might prove more useful, but you would have to close some gaps to keep them out. I suppose if you have a 3rd AC, it would be a must. Also, it reduces the usable length of your garage at least 6". My 12' garage is 11' 0" clear inside. if we were closer together, i would offer a trade.

We had the pull down screen on a toy hauler we sold and had issues with it. The biggest problem was keeping it tight and in the trac. The conceptt of the screen is good and maybe the newer ones are better than what was on our 2008. As for 3 season doors we have them on our 4114 and they also have their pluses and minuses. First they are heavier than the screen and you have to deal with the plastic windows and the velcro not sticking at times. We sort of like the 3 season better because of the 3rd ac in the garage. If you want privacy with the ramp down on the 3 season doors get a curtain rod and hang some black drapes on it that match the drapes on the sliding door kt works great!

pcardoza

We also have the 3-season doors and do like them. One mod for next season though will be to replace those crappy plastic window inserts with Plexiglas panels.

Our 2014 4100 cyclone has the three season door. Manufactured in 2013.
There are many gaps for Mosquitos and air drafts to come in. Weather stripping seamed like a good idea at the time but impeaded the closing of the door. Are there any good ways to close the gaps. Definitely a huge flaw in an otherwise good system.

wiredawgchief

We have the three season doors and addressed the issue of privacy and insulation by mounting a heavy duty curtain rod with heavy backed curtains. We like the setup. We bought the curtains at one of the economy bedding/curtain outlet.

avvidclif

On our maiden trip last weekend I noticed one of the velcro in plastic panels was about an inch shorter than the door it was to mount on. I didn't look at the other 3, more pressing issues but wondering if anyone else found the panels to be too short?

oscar

Have the three season door. Have never used the pull down screen version.

Yes, there are gaps, and of course it has very poor insulation qualities. But the biggest problem I have is keeping the load (tubs, boxes etc) from sliding down the beaver tail and into the three season door. The tail end of these trailers is rather bouncy and trying to keep the load put, instead of being able to place it up against the door is not easy. I JUST installed a cargo bar (the telescoping expanding type that truckers use) on the electric bed rails and am hoping it will help keep my tubs from hitting the door.

That said, once the porch is down it is nice to be able to close out the outside somewhat. I think I would get them again.

blong

On our maiden trip last weekend I noticed one of the velcro in plastic panels was about an inch shorter than the door it was to mount on. I didn't look at the other 3, more pressing issues but wondering if anyone else found the panels to be too short?
Ours came with all 4 plastic insert panels about 2 inches too short ,made a warranty claim and the new one they sent are about 4 inches too short so will be calling them back next week so yes they are probably all too short.