May have found my next toy hauler

remoandiris

Just read the newest edition of "Trailer Life". Both Lifestyle and DRV have GREAT TH options.

The Lifestyle Alfa Side Hauler is a FANTASTIC concept!! A "real" 5th wheel with a place for a touring motorcycle. A lot more living space and the ability to take a big bike!! Wouldn't be able to take quads though. Oh well, guess I'd have to rent them.

DRV's Fullhouse LX450 is gorgeous!! But it is also EXPENSIVE!!! But, if you get something that works, it is better than something that spends half it's life at the dealer for repair.

I gotta find these on a lot and take a hard look!!!

Lou_and_Bette

Went and looked at the Alfa when we were at the Hershey RV show. Very nice set up and used some great engineering concepts to pull it off. Slide comes out, power ramp, similar to those used to load/unload bikes in truck beds, comes in/our at angle to allow longer bike to fit in shorter foot print. They have tie downs located in good spots that can be reached easily including a small access door through outer skin near front of loaded bike. Discussed this concept with, sorry bad with names, head of Landmark division as he was already asking for feed back on a possible LM TH

TXTiger

Lou. I would love to see a LM toy hauler with this kind of loading system. The increase in living space would be fantastic especially for full time living. Hope Heartland goes forward with this idea.

MurrayN.

Take a look at the video on the Lifestyle RV website and see how they design the frames for their trailers. They also build the frames themselves instead of outsourcing them. They use two 2×6 steel tubes stacked one on top of the other for the main frame behind the front end. Their slideouts get built on top of this frame instead of cutting holes for the slideout gear in the very minimal I-beam that Lippert uses. There is no way that Heartland can put a slideout capable of holding a 1000 lb motorcycle with the frames and gear that they use now .

Also on the Alfa Gold you can actually order this trailer with a factory installed hitch receiver for pulling boat or something else behind this rv. Do you think that these people believe in the design of their frames? I have voided the warranty on my Sundance by bolting a bike rack onto my Lippert frame to hold 75 lbs of bikes back there. I am very much going to look at Alfa Gold once I don't need my bunkhouse trailer anymore.

remoandiris

Take a look at the video on the Lifestyle RV website and see how they design the frames for their trailers. They also build the frames themselves instead of outsourcing them. They use two 2×6 steel tubes stacked one on top of the other for the main frame behind the front end. Their slideouts get built on top of this frame instead of cutting holes for the slideout gear in the very minimal I-beam that Lippert uses.

I guess that is also how they are able to use only 2 axles instead of 3 like Lippert. The Alfa is NOT a lightweight trailer.

I already told my wife I want to walk thru one of these. Only thing I'd lose that I really like is the ramp patio. But the HUGE increase in usable living space would be worth it to me. We both spend most of our time inside. If we want outside, guess it'll be under the awning on the side. Dogs and cat will be in the X-Pen instead of the patio.

porthole

Retired
Pictures, guy with black jacket is standing in front of the garage slide out.
The door with the vertical window is the entrance to the garage.

Attachments

• Lifestyles_hauler_1.jpg
    Lifestyles_hauler_1.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Lifestyles_hauler_3.jpg
    Lifestyles_hauler_3.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Lifestyles_hauler_4.jpg
    Lifestyles_hauler_4.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 115

remoandiris

Pictures, guy with black jacket is standing in front of the garage slide out.
The door with the vertical window is the entrance to the garage.

I thought that was a Rampage lift. Good to know. Looks like my Gold Wing would fit, too. The mirrors on the fairing are the widest part. At least they hinge and "give" a little if needed, but I think the opening is just big enough. I'd have to test fit the bike before buying. I like the roll up door. Room would convert to a coat closet (or anything else) after the bike is out.

Wife and I don't care for the carpet in the LR. Hopefully a future option will extend the wood-look linoleum from the kitchen into the LR. We have found it easier to keep clean and also doesn't absorb odors.

Despite no OHC over the recliners, the LR has a LOT more "usable" storage than my CY4000, plus comfortable seating directly in front of the tv and a ceiling fan!!!

WINNER!!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
That could be a very versatile storage area, even if you didn't carry a motorcycle. I can see us used for bicycles, craft area, small office... All kinds of things!

remoandiris

That could be a very versatile storage area, even if you didn't carry a motorcycle. I can see us used for bicycles, craft area, small office... All kinds of things!

Yep. The room can be ordered with bunks for kids as well as with or without the motorcycle lift.

I also found the options list on the company web page. Vinyl plank flooring is an option throughout the LR. That takes care of one of my concerns!! YAY!! This keeps getting better and better!!

SilverRhino

Never been interested in the Toy Haulers. That being said, have been looking into ways to load a bike onto the deck of the Freightliner......the Alfa might be the answer! Really like what I have read about this unit, can't wait to get to walk through one. We reallhy like our BC, but have not been impressed with the quality of the newer HL products we have looked at. Switching to the Alfa may be a real option for us.