Magnum CSW1012 Inverter sporadic on/off

We purchased the 2014 Landmark Monterey equipped with a residential refrig supported by the Magnum CSW1012 inverter. The issue is the inverter is intermittent and will not stay on while towing. Any suggestions?

danemayer

Hi nascardavis,

If you have the Frigidaire residential refrigerator, you may need an inverter with updated firmware. Frigidaire changed compressors and the firmware change allows the inverter to manage the larger startup surge from the new compressor.

On Monday, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

teasac69

Painless enough, talked to Heartland CS, gave him my vin, confirmed mine is bad, sending new one to my house and I'll install and avoid that delay at the dealer. Will include recall tag to reship the old one back to them. quick and easy to me. He also said they do not have a problem with the "size" of the inverter and that this new firmware addresses that cut off issue and it handles the load with no problem. we'll see but I'm encouraged they are responding as favorably as they are. I'll post my results once I get the new one and get it installed. thanks for the info.

Painless enough, talked to Heartland CS, gave him my vin, confirmed mine is bad, sending new one to my house and I'll install and avoid that delay at the dealer. Will include recall tag to reship the old one back to them. quick and easy to me. He also said they do not have a problem with the "size" of the inverter and that this new firmware addresses that cut off issue and it handles the load with no problem. we'll see but I'm encouraged they are responding as favorably as they are. I'll post my results once I get the new one and get it installed. thanks for the info.

Thanks for the reply. The more info we all share the better. Currently we waiting Heartlands reply on the inverter and other issues Camping World has submitted for us under the warranty process. Thanks again and have a great turkey day. If you are a vet thanks for your service.