Front Storage door for a 2010 Heartland Big Horn

ScCobra

I was moving a [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]2010 Heartland Big Horn for a friend and I put my tail gate into the front storage door and I need a replacement. I checked with Heartland and the door is no longer in production. They gave me the number and name of the manufacturer that they got them from and they will no longer make the doors. i left to only find a used door. The [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Door size 23-1/4 x 49-1/4 is what i'm looking for. Heartland could not tell if this is the size for any other year. I ask what about 2005 thur 2009 he had no idea. If i could get some dimensions of other years older or newer it may help me locate a replacement. Thanks for the help. Oh and the reason i back into his door is I own a 2007 Forest River Cardinal 4 slides and my front bed room is almost 4 feet deeper. When I hooked up I can open my tail gate, open my front storage door and walk between to door and my lowered tail gate. I bad for not noticing the shorter bed room. The kicker of it is I was just tring to do him a faver because he has no way to tow it home of his camping spot..[/FONT]:eek:

danemayer

Hi ScCobra,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Hopefully some Bighorn owners will take measurements for you so you can hunt down a used door.

MTPockets

Did the door frame get damaged? I did the exact same thing and put a long gash along the middle of the door. I found a piece of diamond plate at ACE Hardware and used STainless Steel bolts to mount it an cover the damage. I actually like the new look and covered the scar. Just an idea.

wdk450

I would Google "RV salvage parts" to find some of the dismantlers. I know that in Sacramento, RV DR. George has a warehouse and more of salvaged parts. Here is their weblink: http://www.rvdoctorgeorge.com .

I just looked at the website and saw that George Cross passed away July 28th, but the business is still operating. He was a knowledgeable, fair, and concerned, independent RV repairer. He was my advocate in getting Heartland to make my frame flex repair. I will miss him.

Last edited:

ScCobra

Did the door frame get damaged? I did the exact same thing and put a long gash along the middle of the door. I found a piece of diamond plate at ACE Hardware and used STainless Steel bolts to mount it an cover the damage. I actually like the new look and covered the scar. Just an idea.

No it missed the frame amy it my friends camper. he wants it like it was. If it was mine I would do that. Thanks

pegmikef

I was moving a 2010 Heartland Big Horn for a friend and I put my tail gate into the front storage door and I need a replacement. I checked with Heartland and the door is no longer in production. They gave me the number and name of the manufacturer that they got them from and they will no longer make the doors. i left to only find a used door. The Door size 23-1/4 x 49-1/4 is what i'm looking for. Heartland could not tell if this is the size for any other year. I ask what about 2005 thur 2009 he had no idea. If i could get some dimensions of other years older or newer it may help me locate a replacement. Thanks for the help. Oh and the reason i back into his door is I own a 2007 Forest River Cardinal 4 slides and my front bed room is almost 4 feet deeper. When I hooked up I can open my tail gate, open my front storage door and walk between to door and my lowered tail gate. I bad for not noticing the shorter bed room. The kicker of it is I was just tring to do him a faver because he has no way to tow it home of his camping spot..:eek:

You might try this place. It is in your home state near just outside of Carthage, MO and is the biggest parts operation I have ever been in. If they don't have it on the floor, they let you browse the huge salvage yard to see if you can find it.

http://colawrvsalvage.com/