REVIEW: My new Gateway 3650BH

This may be a little early (not enough time for issues to pop up *knocks on wood), but I wanted to post a quick review of our new Gateway 3650BH. We ordered our unit from Couch's RV Nation in Ohio. It took right at 8 weeks for it to be completed. The salesman we dealt with was great, he answered all calls/emails quickly and was pretty informative. I chose to order instead of buy off the lot so we can add all options we wanted. I ended up adding a table instead of booth, stainless house fridge, sofa instead of bottom bunk, 6pt level system, dual pane windows, king bed, and a stack washer and dryer. I also extended the bumper to bumper warranty to 5 years. So far we LOVE this trailer. I have the usual issues (probably because I'm so picky and expect these things to be built like a house for the price) like trim not matching up on corners, door not closing without being slammed, sloppy finish work etc etc, but I was able to fix most of those issues myself.

Pros/Cons
Pros- Love the LED light bar along the awning, love the stainless house fridge, LOVE the large tub (one of the major factors in us picking this one), LOVE LOVE LOVE the stack washer/dryer!, furniture is comfortable, LOVE the 6pt auto level, tows really well (I tow it with a 2013 Ram 3500 Dually with an Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection for gooseneck balls), plenty of room in the living area, bunk house area is really nice, the MCD roller shades are awesome
Cons- I hate that a king size mattress isn't a king size..I took the really hard mattress that came with the trailer out and put my memory foam king mattress in-it was a REALLY tight fit, and will be a pain to change sheets to say the least. The outside storage area is smaller than previous trailers I've owned. The sinks are REALLY small, like we may have to wash some of our larger pots in the tub. There is no ladder to get onto the top bunk beds. I wish there was maybe another foot of room in the master bedroom area and the bathroom area, it is pretty tight there but luckily my wife and I aren't really big people. More cabinet space for the kitchen would be great.

Overall this is a really nice trailer. The detail work is awesome! I'm going to replace the water heater with a precision temp endless water heater probably next week, that will just make it that much better!

Also, I have seen mixed reviews on Jeff Couch, the owner of Couch's RV Nation… Personally, he seems like the kind of person who can rub you the wrong way. Typical salesman type.. but as far as him getting rude with people, I like how he runs his business. If you call him and rationally talk about what happens, he seems to do the right thing. If you call and start dropping F bombs, he gives it back to you… thats how I would be too.

Kosanko

We have the same model as yours and we decided the queen bed would work better for us and give us more walk around room in the bedroom and we are happy with it.

I bet the queen would give some more room. We opted for the king bc we just purchased a king memory foam mattress, and we usually have a little bed fellow with us (our daughter). I just don't see why a king size mattress would literally be as wide/maybe a little wider than the king bed slide. The mattress that comes in the trailer is a joke, I wouldn't want to sleep on that thing any longer than I had to.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Most if not all "king" size RV mattress's are 70" X 80". If you got a California king in yours......yep..its a tight fit.

I don't have the Cali king, it's a regular 70x80 serta memory foam kings. Its a really tight fit, I would have liked maybe 2-4 inches of more slide space there. Not the end of the world though

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
McGateway131, To help in changing the bedding on our king bed, I applied vinyl flooring on top of the bed deck platform. It makes it MUCH easier to slide the mattress around to put the fitted sheet on. I just got a remnant at the flooring store, didn't really care about the pattern. We also, after laying the vinyl down, added a trim edge around the outside edge to protect your hands and legs from the vinyl and plywood deck. The mattress never moves during travel or any other activity :).

NicoleJ

Bryan, you know how my story goes, and I sent u to them, shame on me!!!! Yes owner did cuss out my husband!! Today we have water in bh!!!

Bryan, you know how my story goes, and I sent u to them, shame on me!!!! Yes owner did cuss out my husband!! Today we have water in bh!!!

More water!? I've been finding little things here and there but nothing major with ours. I feel really bad for you, that's the way our old montana was and we ended up getting the runaround from everyone... Had to basically eat it all! It's a shame that you can spend more money on a camper than some people spend on 5 acres and a house and STILL end up with a dud!

NicoleJ

Yes!!! MORE water! NO clue why or where! There's no heat pads on rear tank either! HL website says it does and tanks enclosed, not mine, not the rear. I'm completely sick! Over this unit!

justafordguy

There's no heat pads on rear tank either! HL website says it does and tanks enclosed, not mine, not the rear. I'm completely sick! Over this unit!

I thought the same thing but I now believe that what looks like the rear exposed tank is actually just a cover. I believe the actual tank (and heater) is above the part you see exposed. Anyone else notice this on the 3650BH?

PS: sorry about your water leak, hopefully they will get it figured out soon.

GWRam

I was disappointed when I found out the grey water tank was below the enclosed belly on the 3650BH. But that is the trade off for having an outdoor kitchen. At least on ours the sink drain from the outdoor kitchen can be seen under the slide out and the tank has to be lower than the plumbing. The heat pad is on the tank. Tank is covered by the outer shell you see. Haven't had any freezing problems yet down to 15 degrees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD