LCD TV mounting Sundance 2900MK

cdnrver

I thought I would repost in this section (it was previously in the sundance tv section): I'm hoping a factory rep will see this and may have some suggestions.

Just got our 2009 Sundance 2900MK- Instead of a built-in TV cabinet in the living area the unit came with a base cabinet and cabinets above the base (no enclosed cabinet hole) - the base cabinet countertop is made of solid surface material.

You can see a picture of the TV base cabinet here:

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/cdnrver/?action=view&current=tvcabinet.jpg

Aesthetically, it looks great - a much smarter design - matches the kitchen cabinets - and you can use a much larger size TV.

The problem I will have is how to secure the LCD TV when traveling ("built-in" cabinets have all kinds of options to be able to support the tv)

I thought about screwing an LCD mount to the wall in the back but by knocking on the wall panel it appears that there is little support there to screw any kind of mounting device to the wall - I'm also worried about any plumbing inside the wall since the shower is on the opposite side.

Any ideas on how to hold the TV in place on the countertop when traveling? (short of drilling holes through the solid surface top)

fishn2dmax

I have a 2008 2900 MK with the full cabinet. I found a 26" LCD display that fit perfectly, but like you I didn't feel the rear wall was secure / strong enough for an adjustable LCD wall mount bracket. I cut a piece of oak veneer plywood to fit the rear of the cabinet wall as a support backer, stained it to match, and screwed it into the wall only where there were wall studs. I then mounted the LCD mount bracket to the backer plywood and without protruding screws into the shower wall. The LCD mount has an adjustable arm and is very strong! When in travel mode, I push the panel up against the rear cabinet wall and secure it in place with with a large velco strap.

Since you have an open space, you may want to use a router on the backer / mounting board edges to give it a nice beveled appearance before staining.

fishn2dmax

Interior Wall studs are wood in 2008 and 2009. I just watch the New 2009 Sundance Video ( on the Heartland Sundance Web site) John L. mentions that the wall behind the TV area has a backer installed behind the wall that will "support up to a 26" Flat panel TV".:)

Based on the video, you should be able to mount an LCD on the rear wall with no problems.

cdnrver

mount support

Just received a reply from Heartland Rep B. Hayden regarding the mount support for LCD TVs.

I was looking for a bit more info about the type of support behind the TV wall. I thought I would share the info that he provided.

Mr. Hayden states:

We do use wood backers that are 3/4 thick. The backers are centered at 16 3/4 from the off door sidewall, and the full width of the backers is 8 1/4, and they run from the base cabinet to the overhead. The wall itself is 1 1/2 thick.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank him for his help and quick reply.

Talk about great support.

ptillett

Thanks for the info. I had the same question. We just purchased an 09 2900MK sundance and my husband was leary of what was in that wall (plumbing, etc).

For the time being, our LCD TV has a pedestal. We just laid it on the bed (face down, at the foot) and used a cam-lok buckle strap to secure it from sliding off (side to side). The pedestal hangs off the end of the bed and when the bedroom slide moves in, it kind of clamps it in that direction against the dresser. So far, so good! :)

This is working, I may just leave it like that.