SOLVED: Furnace does NOTHING!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
OK....propane is working, checked that. Thermostat is functioning, checked that by switching with the secondary thermostat...neither works to turn on furnace.

When set to auto, it will flash "furnace" as it is calling for it....but does nothing! When set on furnance...NOTHING! The thermostat will turn on AC, heat pump, etc.....furnace...NOT!!

Any ideas?? module, sail switch?? :confused::confused:

danemayer

Re: Furnace does NOTHING!!

If "nothing" means the blower doesn't start, then either power isn't getting through the ceiling relay to the furnace, or perhaps the control board has failed.

kakampers

That's what it means...absolutely NOTHING! We're thinking control board...

Furnace in the Bighorn ran for six years, not one issue...this one hasn't quite made two years...:(

danemayer

The thermostat signals a relay that sends power to the furnace. On our 2011, it's located in a gray metal enclosure located above the living room air conditioner air return/dump louvers. I'm not sure exactly how it's set up on the Whisper Quiet, but it's likely in the same place. If you can hear the relay click when the thermostat calls for heat, it's probably the control board on the furnace, or perhaps loose wires.

If checking the box in the ceiling, be careful. You'll have to stand on a stool or ladder and wouldn't want to get an electrical shock while in that position. The enclosure will have both 110V AC and 12V DC wiring. If you have a non-contact voltage tester, I'd check the enclosure and wiring before touching anything.

kakampers

We don't have a grate for the AC inside, have no ides how to check that relay....Ken just pulled the 12V furnace fuse and tested the contacts...we're only getting 8 volts...

branson4020

Icantre Member

We don't have a grate for the AC inside, have no ides how to check that relay....Ken just pulled the 12V furnace fuse and tested the contacts...we're only getting 8 volts...

Is that 8V from the hot side of the fuse block to ground? Measuring across the contacts tells you nothing.

kakampers

OK...FIXED!! It was the board, it had a burned circuit on the fan side....new board in and WE HAVE HEAT!!

kakampers

Luckily we contacted a local mobile tech who had one job nearby and headed this way when he was finished...gave him the model number of the furnace and he brought one with him...just in case...:)

Lynn1130

Where is the board located? I have a unit that goes through 5-10 clicks before the heat kicks on and it does not matter whether I am on battery or shore power so it is likely my board also.

kakampers

Where is the board located? I have a unit that goes through 5-10 clicks before the heat kicks on and it does not matter whether I am on battery or shore power so it is likely my board also.

The board is in the furnace, accessed from the outside panel...it is the control module.

kakampers

​AH Heat - YEAH!!!

None too soon, Byrd! It must be us...it picked the one day that broke a 50 year record in the Amarillo area...according to the news it hit zero here this morning in Hereford, TX. Remember February...two days after we got there hit a record for that area...-6 first thing in the morning...:)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

What can we say-ya'll are the record breakers. Glad all is well. Say Hi to your better half.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Thermostat is functioning, checked that by switching with the secondary thermostat...neither works to turn on furnace.

For everyone's clarification on units that have Whisper Quite AC system to access the control board go to the roof and remove the is the exterior cover. The control board is in a metal box on the side of the A/C. The furnace is attached to the Rear A/C unit, therefore the rear thermostat, the one near the entrance door controls the furnace. If the front thermostat displays that it controls the furnace, it lied it does not control the furnace. My guess is Dometic ships the units with the control boards defaulted to a furnace being attached. This is setting is set by a dip switch on the control board. Heartland installs the A/C's and does not change the furnace dip switch to off to remove the furnace from the thermostat.

If you want to remove the furnace setting from the front A/C then find the control board on the Front A/C and set the furnace dip switch to off. Secure the control board and replace the A/C cover. Go to the front A/C Thermostat and follow the Thermostat System Reset Procedure in the CCC 2 Thermostat Manual Page 11 inserted below,

When your unit was installed the appropriate dip switches on the electronic control
board were turned on to match your system configuration. Any time these settings
are changed, a system reset will need to be done before the CCC 2 thermostat will
recognize the updated selection. To do a system reset:
• Make sure the CCC 2 thermostat is in the OFF mode.
• Simultaneously press the MODE and ZONE buttons. The LCD will display “IniT” and all available zones.
• Release the MODE and ZONE buttons.
• Press the ON/OFF button to exit system set up

Turn on the thermostat and the Furnace setting should not display.

It only takes about 10 minutes to change the dip switches and do a system reset on the CCC 2 Thermostat.

Last edited:

kakampers

Terry...our thermostat in the bedroom shows the furnace even though it is not attached to the furnace. It appears to have the same settings as the one at the steps...we switched it to see if it would turn on the furnace, which it didn't, thus eliminating that the problem was with the thermostat.