Pulled the string, getting new Michelins today!

FiremanBill

Been reading, shopping, and hunting for the best tire for BART. Decided to spend a few extra bucks to get the Michelin LTX MS2's put on it. Will be my first time with this brand but from what I've read they seem to be a great tire. I've had Firestone, Goodyear, and BFG's in the past. American Generals were on it when I bough it back in may and I'm not real impressed with them at all.

So getting them swapped out today! I hope they are as good as everyone says they are.

MagnoliaTom

You won't be disappointed. I have them on my truck (second set). The first set lasted over 70k miles! I will only use Michelin tires.

SilverRhino

I've had very good luck with those tires, but only on my pickups. Have not used the LT tires on the BC, I have had excellant service with the Carlisle Radial Trail RH, but my coach is not as heavy as yours.

Good luck with your new tires!

dfk009

You won't regret installing these tires. I went with the AT's instead of the MS's just because I wanted "bite" in mud, snow, and wet grass. The smoothest riding tire on the market. I replaced a set of General's that left a dent on the bed side panel like the TowMax do. These blasted tires were made at Mount Vernon, IL, 30 miles away.

GOTTOYS

I have Michelin tires on everything I own. Had them on my last motorcycle too. Never unhappy with them. Luckily they came on my new truck that I just bought. In this case you do get what you pay for...Don

scottyb

I have Michelin tires on everything I own. Had them on my last motorcycle too. Never unhappy with them. Luckily they came on my new truck that I just bought. In this case you do get what you pay for...Don

Same here. I go through a set of tires every year for work, at least I did until I started running Michellins. I got 64K on the 1st set, and that includes a lot off road driving every day. We now use them on all our fleet pickups because we believe they have a lower cost / mi than any tire we have used. Naturally, I replaced my Towpops with Michellins, and have never regretted it.

MCTalley

We put those on our first DRW and loved them. Didn't have them long enough to gather any empirical data on longevity. Getting ready to replace the Generals on the current DRW in the next week or two with a set of the Michelins, as well.

FiremanBill

All I can say so far is that it feels like I'm riding on pillows. I have owned a lot of vehicles over the years and never felt such a change by just putting on tires. I am amazed

Worth every penny so far. Cant wait to hook up the Cyclone and see how much better that feels!

MCTalley

Ours is at Two Rivers Ford in Mt. Juliet, TN to have a set of six put on tomorrow morning. They gave me the same price as Discount Tire has them down the street ($210 per tire plus $10 mounting/balancing). Getting an alignment and front-end check done, as well. My right-front OEM General tire had worn pretty well on the outside shoulder and had cupping in the tread area.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have had Michelins on all my vehicles for 20+ years with no complaints.
I currently have A/T 2's on my truck with 50K miles and still going strong. They give me a little more bite on dirt and gravel roads than the M/S tread. Trace

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Brand new:
f1c52e13d3530cce03aff33f0b6d4cc3.jpg

Got ours in March 2013 and they still look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesse215

I put Michelins on my 95 Ford DRW shortly after I bought it. Got 90k on the rear tires and 70k on the fronts and did not rotate them

TXTiger

My 2012 Ford F-350 came stock with the Michelins A/T but I only got 28K out of them. Was very disappointed. Replaced them with BF Goodrich. Got 44K on new tires and should be able to make 50K b4 need to replace. I do however have the Michelin XPS Ribs on the Cyclone and love them.