2015 North Trail 33BKS floor heat vents

Ryandp20

I just purchased this travel trailer and spent my first weekend in it with my wife. The propane heat was blasting out the back of the trailer and had the bunk area very toasty. There is only one heat vent in the bedroom. There is no way to close the individual vents in the back and/bedroom to push more hot air into the bedroom. Did they come out with covers for the floor vents? They come off very easily and seems like you would be able to slide a plastic cover right in its place.
I would post a picture but can't find that link

danemayer

Hi Ryandp20,

Congratulations on your new North Trail and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

It's pretty typical for the rooms closest to the furnace to get more heat than the ones further away. It is possible to replace the vent covers with adjustable ones and many owners have done so. But you should be aware that the furnace manufacturer cautions against restricting airflow. It's possible to create an overtemperature condition in the furnace which would trigger the limit switch to open, shutting off the furnace. If this happens repeatedly, you could have intermittent problems with furnace operation.

One thing you should do is make sure that the ducts to the cooler areas are installed correctly at the furnace and that the ducts have not been pinched or folded during manufacture. Your dealer may have to drop the coroplast underbelly to check this out.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have a small electric heater that we use to help preserve the LP gas.

We've also noticed that the kitchen/living and bathroom room areas heat up quick, but the bedroom at the far end (front) of the trailer needs a little help from the electric heater.

Also, when our slide is in, it 1/2 covers up one of the floor vents in the living room.