New to this forum

Munruben

Hello everyone, we have just purchased a NT 27BHDS and cant wait for it to be built.

It has Coleman Max 15000BTU A/C in it and was wondering if anyone has changed the manual analogue to a digital readout from Coleman or Dometic? Was this easy enough to do?
Similar question with the fridge.. believe it is a Norcold N611.. has anyone changed the front thermostat to a digital readout?

I noticed there is no inside handle to move the exterior Wyngard aerial for better reception. What do others do?

Thanks in advance

jimtoo

HI Munruben,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you have questions about anything in/on your unit, we can find the answer for you most likely. We have a great search engine on the forum, both simple and advanced. Sometimes that is the fastest way to find an answer instead of waiting on someone to reply. While you are getting acquainted with the forum try out the search tab for fun.

There have been several change A/C thermostat, pretty easy to do,, don't know about the fridge thou. If your going by pictures on the web site showing the inside and looking for tv antenna control, I don't see it either and I think you will have something to raise and lower and turn the antenna with,,, unless they have something new that don't need turning. :)

Are you coming here to pickup your new unit and tow it home??? or getting it delivered? Just had to ask :)

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Munruben

Hi Jimtoo, thanks for your reply.. Cant wait until the unit arrives. we are having it delivered. waiting for others to respond with their experiences..

Thanks again

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The antenna crank should be in the ceiling directly below the antenna and very near the tv/cable outlet on the wall.

By the by, welcome to the Heartland family!

Munruben

Hi JohnD, I currently have a trailer now with a Wyngard antenna so I am familiar with the inside winder (adjuster). I don't recall seeing one on the new trailer (Northtrail), so I was wondering if they have changed the type of aerial or there is something I am missing..

JohnD

Hi JohnD, I currently have a trailer now with a Wyngard antenna so I am familiar with the inside winder (adjuster). I don't recall seeing one on the new trailer (Northtrail), so I was wondering if they have changed the type of aerial or there is something I am missing..

My neighbor has a 2014 North Trail, and I think they have the same crank-up handle in the ceiling.

I'll ask when I see them next time . . .

pegmikef

My Edge had some kind of round enclosed circular array antenna that had no crank and it worked really well. Then my NT had the crank up antenna and it did not work as well as the one on the Edge. Your new NT may have the circular type so no crank is needed.

JohnD

If you have the 'Batwing' antenna . . . get rid of it and buy the Jack antenna!

I paid $40 for just the antenna and installed it on the 'Batwing' mounting rod on the roof and get way more stations than before.