water pump issues

Gateway

Hi, I have a 2014 Gateway 3500RE, 2 weeks old and we're going through our 1st freeze. After filling the fresh water tank and removing the drinking hose I attempted to run water through the pump. Turned it on and all I got was air and the pump running non stop. After a min or 2 of no water we shut down the pump as to not fry the motor. The unit was winterized before delivery. Any special order to get it up and operating like normal?
Thanks,
J&J.

danemayer

Hi Gateway,

Sounds like you're still in winterize mode. There's a valve that allows the pump to suck in antifreeze and yours may be open. You may have a control knob in the Universal Docking Center (UDC) that needs to be returned from the winterizing position.
UDC w bypass valve callout.jpg

If you have the 4-way Anderson Valve, it has to be switched to NORMAL mode when you want to use the pump and fresh tank.

Take a look at page 5 of our Winterizing Guide for more information.

GWRam

Hi, I have a 2014 Gateway 3500RE, 2 weeks old and we're going through our 1st freeze. After filling the fresh water tank and removing the drinking hose I attempted to run water through the pump. Turned it on and all I got was air and the pump running non stop. After a min or 2 of no water we shut down the pump as to not fry the motor. The unit was winterized before delivery. Any special order to get it up and operating like normal?
Thanks,
J&J.

On our 2014 Gateway 3650BH there are two valves leading to the pump inlet. This is all behind the UDC. One valve is on the braided water line for winterizing, the second valve is on a pex line which feeds from the fresh tank. Make sure the valve on the winterizing line is closed and open the valve on the pex line and you should have water to your pump.

I'm assuming your trying to use your camper....while behind the UDC make sure the water heater is set up for normal use. The valves on the water lines in and out of the heater should be open and the valve on the line that connects the two In/Out together should be closed. If your winterizing reverse the valve position on these three valves. Close the valves on the IN/Out lines to the heater and open the valve on the line that connects the In/Out lines.

Dave