Narrower or redesigned dinette chairs or table legs

jbeletti

Anyone else find it hard to stow the chairs in their Landmark dinette set for travel?

I know a chair change was made at some point and I have an island so this may not be an issue for everyone, but on my Mt. Rushmore, due to the ample width of the chair seats, I can't easily stow my chairs so that the table leaf stows as it should.

At first, I was sort of overlapping the chair legs over the table legs. But now, I just rotate the two aisle side chairs 180 degrees. Now it all works very well.

The attached picture better shows what I am having a hard time describing.

Jim

Attachments

• DSC00755.JPG
    DSC00755.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 70

BluegrassMan

Dinette Chairs

Hi All:

My wife was complaining to me about this very thing, we never had this problem in the Sea Breeze. Everything tied down and didn't touch in travel. Jim, this looks like a fix to the problem, we'll have to try it ! Thanx

Denny

Tom of Ypsi

I have the same problem and I do not have the island. My table and chairs hop around somewhat as I travel but not too bad. Next trip out I will give your idea a try and see if that helps. My last trip, ended today, I had the shade and valance fall off over the computer desk. The screws came out and only two of them were screwed in in the first place instead of the four that are there. The two middle screws were just started but never screwed in all of the way.

mowmoney

We had the same problem. We have a Grand Canyon. I hated the table because I couldn't put the chairs under the table unless the leaf was up and you had to put the leaf up when the slide was out in order to sit at the table comfortably. It also made it seem crowded even though it really wasn't when you had the leaf up.

So, we called Hoosier Wood Creations, Inc., the people who made the original table in the camper and bought a different table that the leaf stores inside the table and we only have to put it in if we want to. Now, it looks much more open and roomy plus we can sit at the table without the leaf up. The new table is 27 x 36 w/ 12" leaf the base is just like the original.

I will try to take pictures this weekend and post them. The camper's not at home right now.

If you're interested in getting a different table call 574-534-4474 and ask for Mark he was very helpful.:D

jbeletti

Mowmoney,

Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Share costs too if you are comfortable with it.

Jim

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
fireflipper

Hi everyone
I had the four leg design when I bought my Grand Canyon, and my wife kept hitting her knee on the leg getting in and out, and with bad knees that really hurt. I had the factory replace the table with the center leg only style and the fold down leaf. The knee problem was solved but the leaf is a pain in the *** most of the time. The snap latch is suppose to be tight so that it holds the chairs in place while traveling, the leaf actually does the holding. Still not real happy, the talbe is wobbly with the one leg. I like the idea of the leaf storing in the table and out of the way. Will have to check out a new table.

jbeletti

mowmoney,

Thanks for sharing the cost for your table, when you get a chance, please snap some pictures of it and upload them or maybe supply us a link to it at the supplier (if available).

Thanks and take care,

Jim