Attic Space Vent

osims

bsims
On my roof there is three plumbing vents and a attic space vent, which is a little larger than the plumbing vents. Somehow the top of the vent has blown off, it fits on a plastic disc which is bolted down and goes on with a 1/4 turn. I have been unable to find a replacement cover and wondering if any one else has found one and where.

jbeletti

Hi Bill and Ornell,

The attic vent is commonly referred to as a mushroom vent. I found a bunch of images using Google image search. Found many for sale for about $17 plus shipping. Here's one on ebay.

Consider calling Heartland Customer Service this morning at 877-262-8032 to see what they will charge to ship you one. Ask for a club member discount.

wdk450

Osims:
I had the same thing happen, since the cover just unscrews from a central stud, and the road wind/vibrations helps with the unscrewing process. When I installed the replacement cap I put RVers Goop on the bolt threads to better secure the cap from unscrewing.

jbeletti

Bill - yeah, check with Heartland by phone this morning. Email them the picture if they want it.

If they don't have an exact replacement, as you only need the top, your best bet may be to replace the whole thing. Many to choose from online.

jbeletti

Osims:
I had the same thing happen, since the cover just unscrews from a central stud, and the road wind/vibrations helps with the unscrewing process. When I installed the replacement cap I put RVers Goop on the bolt threads to better secure the cap from unscrewing.

Bill K, do you have details on the replacement cap (part number / vendor)?

wdk450

Bill K, do you have details on the replacement cap (part number / vendor)?

Jim B:
I just did a websearch for "RV MUSHROOM ROOF VENT", and found a supplier that way. That was last August, didn't write down the part number/source. I think I actually saw one in the RV parts store in Newport, Oregon after I ordered one.

BTW, you can't buy just the cap. You get the whole vent assembly, but as I remember it is less than $20.