Venue:
------------------------------

Details:
  • Number of sites: first come first serve
  • Site fee: as per state park guidelines
  • Meet & Greet: Sat, May 16 2pm-? site #54

• Event Leader: monica-don(click to contact)

Additional Info:
Join us for our second annual "spring shakedown" camp-out. You can certainly come early and stay later than the camp-out dates:)
Cherry Creek State Park is easily accessible from I-225.
Please contact Monica Ashby (Colorado Chapter Leader) if you have any questions.
**Bill Haynes is organizing a golf outing to Saddle Rock Golf Course. It will be Friday, May 15th. He will notify you of the time once he sets up the tee time. Fees: $41 or $31.50 for seniors, $8 per person for cart. Please contact Bill no later than May 6th if you would like to participate, his cell # is 719-369-6400.
***We will have a Meet & Greet Saturday, May 16, 2pm till?? You can come any time(after 2pm)...there will be at least one campfire after dark and I will be supplying the marshmallows:)
Meet at Monica & Don's site (#54). Bring your drinks, chairs, etc..if you want to grill something there will be a grill available as well as grill utensils. You will need to pay the park entrance fee unless you have a State Parks pass.

1) Monica & Don site 54, Thur-Tues
2) Tena & Craig site 56
3) Sue & Derald site 52 Thur-Tue (NM:))
4) Darren & Pam site 55
5) Ronn & Sarah site 51
6) Steve & Susan site 58 Fri-Mon (cancelled)
7) Gregg & Linda site 45 Thu-Tues
8) DeAnna & Bill site 43 Wed-Mon
9) John & Cathy site 39 Thur-Sun
10) Mike & Anna site 41
11) David & Kathy site 46
12) Larry & Judy site 113 (Cottonwood Loop)
13) Mary & Phil site 58 Sat-Wed (one-year Bighorn anniversary!)

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We will be there in site 45. Impatiently waiting for better weather.

We are squeezing in the Arizona HOC Rally in Quartzite, AZ (and a couple of nights at the Grand Canyon) in January, 2015 to keep the camping buzz alive over the winter!

jbeletti

Denver area camp-out - should be fun. I spent quite a bit of time there in a past career. Loved visting the area.

JohnD

Just booked site #39 . . .

Will arrive on Thursday 5-14 and will pull out Sunday 5-17!

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Looks like we're going to have a nice-sized group for the camp out!!
For those of you who haven't been to Cherry Creek SP I suggest you check out their web site for specific details, maps...but know they have extensive paved trails both for "foot traffic" and bike, fishing in the reservoir, and plenty of wildlife! Even though the park is in "the middle of suburbia" you will be surprised with the extent of the feel of "being away from it all."

david100

Hi Monica and Don:
Thanks for this event. We will be in contact with you and Don. I thought there was a May event in Utah? Am I mistaken?
David & Kathy

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Hi Monica and Don:
Thanks for this event. We will be in contact with you and Don. I thought there was a May event in Utah? Am I mistaken?
David & Kathy

Hi David.....yes there is a rally in Utah in May. Check out this link

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...ab-5-19-2015-to-5-26-2015?p=367659#post367659

david100

Thank you. We will check it out and try to be there for part of the time. We hope to make reservations to Yosemite after seeing Utah again. We enjoy Moab.
Cheers, and thanks again.
David

JohnD

While sitting on I-225 heading north in rush hour parking lot traffic on my way home from work last night, I thought about pulling off at Parker Road and driving through Cherry Creek SP to check out my reserved spot for the Shake Out . . .

I was in the left lane, however, and nobody was willing to let me over . . . DOH!

Pulling the trailer out of mothballs today as we leave tomorrow for the Arizona HOC Rally!

JohnD

Can't wait!

May won't come soon enough . . . !

I might just have to go out and spend the night in the camper tonight!

Even though it is below 30 degrees outside right now . . .

DOH! . . . Cathy says no . . .

dlw930

Don & Monica,
Do you know the dates of the September Rally in the Denver area yet? Trying to figure out if we can work it in with our trip from TX to visit the new grand baby.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
The Colorado Fall Rally 2015 will be September 24-27. It has not been posted on the event page but will be the first week of March. It will be held in Central City @ the Denver West/Central City KOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.