Added Vortex I

Sans1

The vent this is supposed to be a direct replacement for Ventline and requires a 360 degree knurled knob for the vent open/close mechanism to attach properly. My original vent gear was keyed instead of knurled. As in, it was a round shaft with a flat spot on one side. In my case I was able to 'steal' a different vent opening mechanism from a different vent cover that did not have an original cheapo fan in it. The Vortex seems to move quite a bit of air. I put mine in the main living area and it is a bit louder than expected but not a big deal unless trying to watch TV. Will likely install another in the garage so I can use it to cut the noise (use it when watching TV). Also planning to add a DPDT switch on the wall so I can choose whether the air comes in the roof vent or goes out it Since I can't reach it without a 'grabber' I picked up at harbor freight for $2. The grabber allows me to open/close the vent and push the button without a step.
IMG_20140803_104547_061.jpgIMG_20140802_191937_656.jpgIMG_20140803_152258_546.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Odd, I've replaced both OEM fans with Heng Vortex and no problems. Other than the lid lift mechanism, everything was replaced. But your install is not complete until you put MaxxAir covers on them. Then you can open them and not worry about the rain.

Just saw your post about the covers...never mind :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sans1

Of course I did that too (Max Air II):). Unfortunately, I don't feel the circulation I was expecting. RV is ~15 degrees hotter than outside, so I fire up the fan and open the door, yet doesn't seem to help. Is the screen on the MAX Air II so fine it restricts airflow? I plan to do a 'tissue test' to confirm air flow. With the naked hand it doesn't feel like it is pulling anything out.