fuel milage

NoneCan some of you guys give me an idea as to diesel fuel mileage you average and what kind of tow vehicle?
We're in the middle of purchasing a landmark Pinehurst. Just finished local show and 4 units (Pinehurst) sold. That dealer sold 11 units so I guess the recession is not stopping rv'ers

t&m

Thanks guys,We just ordered a left over 07 dodge 3500 mega cab, 6.7 cummins with the exhuast brake. We pick up our landmark pinehurst 3-22-08.

Last edited:

Netem

I get 20 mpg's empty and 10 to 12 towing depending on head wind and hills. I think the newer diesels get alittle less because of the emissions on them.
02 2500 Chevy Duramax

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I get 18 to 19 local driving, 20 to 23 interstate driving and average 13 mpg towing.

dewwood

I had been getting 18 to 20 normal but this winter it has dropped to 16 to 18 apparantly due to fuel blends. I get 10 to 12 when towing my 5er or my 40' gooseneck fladbed. I have an 06 duramax.

davebennington

We get 16-18 empty, and 10 to 12 pulling the trailer. I will admit we pull heavy (24,500) wet and ready to camp.

Dave

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Older high mileage 2001 F250 7.3 PSD, up to 20 mpg combination freeway and town and we've been averaging 13 with the trailer. DH drives pretty conservatively though, almost never over 65 and most miles at about 62.
We just weighed a couple weeks ago and are over on combined weights by a few pounds, but under the TV axle weights. (lots of room left on the trailer weights) We knew we were close, but I think I'll off-load some stuff this weekend. It still tows great and no problem with pulling grades. Two years until retirement when he can get a new truck, so it'll have to do.

theharveys

I have a 2000 F550 PSD with 4:88 rear gears. I get about 15 - 17 MPG around town, a little more on the freeway, and about 9 - 10 MPG towing (62 - 65 MPH)...although I do not really monitor it that close. I did not buy either the truck or the trailer for gas mileage.

jnbhobe

fuel mileage

I get 15-17 around town 10-12 towing with the 03 and 16-18 around town 11-13 with the 07.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I have a new 2008 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 4x2 Diesel and with 2600 miles I am getting 10-15 in town and 13-17mph on hwy. Towing a 3400RE I am getting between 9-14mph on the hwy. My underbelly sags so that may be hurting, and its a new truck, so hopefully it will improve. Also whenever we go on inclines my mph drops quickly as you can presume.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
With 16,951 on my 2006 Dodge 3500 with the 4.10 rear end, and keeping track of every fuel purchase I've made since I bought the truck, my overall average is 12.24. My last fill of 474 miles with about half highway and half city averaged 14.6 (maybe it's now starting to get broken in). The average I got in the trip down to Lakeland from Michigan was 10.7 (GCVW just under 23,000).

Uncle Rog

Here is a pretty detailed thread with all types of TV's reporting..........

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=3473

vangoes

I'm really envious of all the MPG's that everyone is still getting. I was getting 11-12 pulling my BH but the past two trips this winter the best I got was 9.5 MPG. Both of these trips I could only find Ultra low sulphur were as I was burning low sulphur when I was getting the 11-12 mpg's.................this is in a '04 F250. Anyone else having this much swing?

Forrest Fetherolf

I'm really envious of all the MPG's that everyone is still getting. I was getting 11-12 pulling my BH but the past two trips this winter the best I got was 9.5 MPG. Both of these trips I could only find Ultra low sulphur were as I was burning low sulphur when I was getting the 11-12 mpg's.................this is in a '04 F250. Anyone else having this much swing?

Don't forget the winter blend diesel will decrease your mileage as does ultra low sulphur. My 06 duramax mileage decreased about 1 mpg with winter blend. I have not noticed any change with ultra low sulphur. It is really difficult to compare actual mileage due to weather, speed, terrain, etc. I average 10.5 to 11 mpg @ 62 mph considering all conditions, gross combined vehicle weight is 22460 lbs loaded.

Forrest

ct0218

I'm about the same mileage as Forrest towing, towing about the same speed, but my gross combined is about 23,600 last time I weighed. Solo, open road mileage about 17 average. Not too bad for a 4x4 dually.

fivernine

About 18-19 in town, 19-20 highway, 10.1 in our Tennessee mountains, 11.2 on Georgia's and Florida's flatlands. I'm running my GMC 2007 (new body style) stock with 6-speed Allison. Towing 2008 Landmark Cape Cod with generator, full propane, 12 gallons gasoline in gen tank, ~30 gallons of water onboard typically.