Rearview cameras

marvmarcy

Has anyone added rearview cameras to their truck and trailer? After backing a 40' + fiver into tight places for the past 9 years, I finally ordered a four-camera system to install this winter in Key West. It has two surface mount cameras, one each for high on the back of the truck and trailer, and two side mount cameras for the fiver. It includes a 10" display. Cameras have night vision and sound. It will be a lengthy job, especially derermining where each camera should be mounted and where to run all the cables. I ordered the trailer/truck interconnect cable for an extra $100 to keep thing clean and reliable. I'll try to post photos in the spring when its done. Your comments and questions are appreciated.

wdk450

MarvMarcy:
Can I suggest that you do a search of the forum using a search term like "camera"? You will get links to the many previous threads and postings on this subject.

The same suggestion (with different search words) is applicable for most ANY topic of interest on this forum. You can learn a lot IMMEDIATELY without waiting for posters to respond to your new thread inquiry.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Marv,

I installed side cameras on my last Landmark, have a look at a this post and also this post. I installed my side view cameras just behind the wheel wells. My reason the cameras was watch the tail swing on tight turns. The cameras I installed I was unable to adjust them out so I could less of the trailer side. This caused a refection or mirror image in the camera so it was not very easy to determine how close an object was to the rear corners of the trailer. Before installing the cameras I recommend that you do some temporary location placement tests by taping or have someone hold a camera while you look at the view in the monitor. I did the location testing with a hookup even before I installed the monitor in the truck or installed any wires in the trailer. Good luck on your camera install!

marvmarcy

Thanks guys! Terry, I read your posts and they are helpful. I won't be starting this project until I get to Key West in early January. I have an extensive electronics background, so most of the work is determining where to place everything. I bought a highly-recommended Leviathan Holdings "commercial" type hard wired system for reliability.

marvmarcy

is their a web site available for the camera you purchase? I am in the process of choosing one

They sell through Ebay. You can look on Ebay and go from there to their web store. The system I got is item # 271245286497 and the trailer interconnect cable is item#261304355457. Total cost is $748.98.