Ford F 150 3.5 Ecoboost

Has anyone had any experience using a Ford F150 with the 3.5 liter ecoboost V6 as a tow vehicle? Any information would be helpful.

danemayer

Hi cherylsslave,

Here's a link to a prior discussion on the F150 with Ecoboost.

A lot of questions like this have been discussed previously and can be found by searching the forum with a simple or advanced search. You can also use Google to search the forum by keying in Heartlandowners.org:my search terms.

Cjackg

Has anyone had any experience using a Ford F150 with the 3.5 liter ecoboost V6 as a tow vehicle? Any information would be helpful.

I had a 2012 F150 3.5 Ecoboost until early this year and towed a 26' Toyhauler from TN to Florida several times. It was a surprising towing machine and always felt even stronger than the Ram Hemi V8 I traded for it. Fuel mileage was not that much better than a Ford or Ram V8 most of the time.

Feel free to pm me if I can answer any questions....

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I was listening to Ed Wallace on the Wheels program on KLIF Radio the other day and a guy asked the same question, Ed has been in the auto industry for many years and evaluates the new vehicles for dealers. He said to get 1mpg extra for $1,200 is not that great and would not recommend it over the regular V6 Dual OHC.

FWIW
BC

Bohemian

If you have a heavy foot, you won't get good fuel economy. If you drive carefully, you CAN get economy under appropriate circumstance, and performance under other circumstances.

d_fergie

I get decent mileage pulling my North Trail to the local mountains with my '08 F150 with the 4.6, it just struggles on the grades, my '14 5.0 F150 pulls the grades better, but suffers on mileage ... both have the same ratio rear end.

racinjake

I have a 2014 f150 ecoboost and tow a sundance xlt 5er. good power on hills, and I get 11mpg towing as an average . I have only pulled it 4,000 miles so far but the mpg stays steady.

Jerry O.

iaflatlander

I have a 2014 f150 ecoboost and tow a sundance xlt 5er. good power on hills, and I get 11mpg towing as an average . I have only pulled it 4,000 miles so far but the mpg stays steady.

Jerry O.

Same here, all the way around: Ecoboost, Sundance xlt 5er and 11 mpg. Difference is we're over 25,000 miles. Gutsy little truck.