Wash & Wax Products

aatauses

Hi everyone,
Looking to see if anyone has any experience with the wash N wax products. I have looked at a few products, Amour All and Rain X and their label says they are safe on gelcoat. Any input would be appreciated, also wondering how the decals would do if using a wash n wax products?
thanks
al
currently in Crystal River, FL

MTPockets

I used rain x first year of ownership and it worked fine. I discovered ReJex (www.rejex.com) and it out shines, outlasts, outperforms anything I've ever used. Mail order product is great.

Gizzy

Been using it for four years now. Great stuff and easy to use. I just ordered another gallon. Recommend it. Works great on all surfaces including counter tops and windows.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Been using it for four years now. Great stuff and easy to use. I just ordered another gallon. Recommend it. Works great on all surfaces including counter tops and windows.

Gizzy, are you endorsing wash N wax or Rejex? Sorry it's not clear to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rpotter

I used McGuire's Marine wax on gel coat TT with no issues. Nice gloss and very durable (ergo marine grade).

Westwind

I just finished waxing my FW 34.5' with Nu Finish and it did a great job, I started using it years ago on our TT and had good results with it, it's a liquid so not hard to put on or wax off. It lasts, I do it about 6 months to a year apart and the trailer looks great, the only think that I'm not 100% with is the front and rear cap, the fiberglass is tough to get a good shine, the Gel Coat is easy.

1231ChaseB

Look up optimum car wax ! this stuff claims to have a uv thing in it and it goes on and dry's clear so you can towel it off or leave it alone ! My 2010 Cyclone still looks new and the optimum is all i've used on it ! I did try the Rejex on the front and the bugs still we're hard to get off !
chaseb

brlr2000

I tried Rejex twice on our older 2009 Big Country, but was disappointed. I followed the instructions by removing the old wax (with Dawn), and then applying Rejex. It seemed to streak too much for my liking. I contacted the manufacturer, and they didn't have a good answer. On our new 2014 Gateway, I'm using Meguiars Cleaner Wax. It's a paste wax, and really goes on easy. FYI, Heartland doesn't endorse any products other than wax.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
How about for those of us with aluminum siding on our trailers?

What is a good product for that?

Westwind

On my 2002 Sunnybrook with the aluminum siding I used Nu Finish, when I sold the trailer in 2011 that was one of the factors that the new owner mentioned to me was that the exterior looked like new, I live in New England and the trailer sat outside all year long. Sometimes I think we overthink the whole process, any wax is better than none and just
the fact that you make the effort to wash and wax is great. So far it doesn't appear that anyone uses the combo.

Gizzy

I like the wash/wax. Mainly because it is so easy to use and seems to leave a smooth finish. I do the entire coach twice a year. The front cap gets applied more often, depending on the bug removal situation. I try to get to them every time we stop (when possible). The wash/wax is so easy to use, just apply to small area then wipe off BEFORE it dries. It works! Hope this helps.

Gizzy, are you endorsing wash N wax or Rejex? Sorry it's not clear to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Rejex is a good product and I have had very good results from using it on my rig for four years, as well as my cars.
That said, in my opinion it is primarily for maintaining a finish, not restoring it.
If you allow your finish to go south, you will need a product with a polishing agent to bring it back.
According to the mfgr Rejex can be put over any existing finish, but the bond will only be as durable as the surface it is applied over. Trace