Warantee Work Taking Forever, and What's up with the Bad Recliners?

ttondro

We own a 2015 Sundane 3000 MK. It has already developed issues - outside decal peeling off, recliners will not recline, kitchen drawers open during transit, faulty seal in the shower. Since we live in Oakland, CA and there are no dealers around here (we bought the rig in So Cal), we dropped it off at Camping World in Roseville near Sacramento on our way home from a trip at the end of October. The dealer JUST LAST FRIDAY finally ordered parts from the factory. He says we are in a long line behind 50 other customers to get the work done!!! We need our 5er on Dec. 20 to take to So Cal for Christmas with family, so we will have to drive 2 hours up there to get it and then take it back there when we return.

YIKES! Have others experienced such long delays? Are we last in line because this is not our selling dealer? And what's up with the recliners? Guy says they are sending new "guts" for the lower half of the chairs, that the mechanism down there is basically shot. We have only been sitting in these chairs for about 4 weeks total.

I am glad that we are getting this work done within our one year window, but now I wonder what else is going to fall apart. And how on earth can get we speedier service?

Thanks for any thoughts on all of this and for taking the time to read this post!

hoefler

Part of your problem is, you took it to Camping World. They are notorious for long service delays.

GOTTOYS

The best way to get things done is to contact Heartland, have them send you the parts, then do the repairs yourself if you can. I waited to get mine fixed at my selling dealer for over a month, that was after I waited for an appointment for a couple weeks. Finally picked it up half finished and parked in their back lot (storage compartment door was unlocked, by the way), brought it home. Heartland shipped me the parts and I finished it myself. Last time I ever stepped on that dealers lot...And to think they bragged about their great service after the sale...Don

wdk450

We own a 2015 Sundane 3000 MK. It has already developed issues - outside decal peeling off, recliners will not recline, kitchen drawers open during transit, faulty seal in the shower. Since we live in Oakland, CA and there are no dealers around here (we bought the rig in So Cal), we dropped it off at Camping World in Roseville near Sacramento on our way home from a trip at the end of October. The dealer JUST LAST FRIDAY finally ordered parts from the factory. He says we are in a long line behind 50 other customers to get the work done!!! We need our 5er on Dec. 20 to take to So Cal for Christmas with family, so we will have to drive 2 hours up there to get it and then take it back there when we return.

YIKES! Have others experienced such long delays? Are we last in line because this is not our selling dealer? And what's up with the recliners? Guy says they are sending new "guts" for the lower half of the chairs, that the mechanism down there is basically shot. We have only been sitting in these chairs for about 4 weeks total.

I am glad that we are getting this work done within our one year window, but now I wonder what else is going to fall apart. And how on earth can get we speedier service?

Thanks for any thoughts on all of this and for taking the time to read this post!

Tracy and Barbara:
I don't know if you are going to get the drawer opening problem covered under warranty. I and other owners have installed velcro strips on the inside of the drawer face and mating cabinet face.
I guess you are locked in to Camping World as a Heartland dealer now. Do you know that you can use ANY RVrepairer YOU choose for warranty repairs, with Heartland Service pre-authorization? Many of us advocate using an INDEPENDENT RV servicer (no RV sales) because their continued business health depends on quality and rapid repairs, not as a side business to RV sales. I have loved using RV Dr. George in Sacramento over the past 5 years. He has worked with Heartland service for me in co-ordinating RV repairs. Sadly, George Cross died in July, but the business continues. Heartland Service also recommends Affordable RV in Newcasle (about 10 miles East on I-80 from CW Rocklin). Next time you are contemplating having RV repairs done, I would suggest checking RVServiceReviews.com for postings about RV service by other RVers. It will help the entire RV community if everyone takes the time to post about their repair experiences (good or bad) here. An annual donation to this non-ad site would be nice, too.

ILH

Well, don't feel too bad. I took my rig in for service the first week of September. They were to replace a double pane window in the garage due to vandalism. I still haven't gotten it back!

wdk450

Ian and Linda:
Again I advocate the independent businessman. I had a single pane window broken accidentally by personnel at my RV storage lot. I found a mobile glass service in the area online that had "RV windows" on their list of services. They fabricated a new tempered lower sliding pane for my Bighorn rear window and installed it within a week ( the storage lot paid the charges). A window service might have to order the double pane (or entire window) from Haer, but it shouldn't take 3 months, and like any small business they would like to collect their income sooner rather than later, so they should get the job done quickly.

ILH

The issue, as I understand it, is that the dealer had extreme hail damage to his inventory just prior to me dropping off my rig in September. While I appreciate his predicament, I only found this out after I complained. It would have been exemplary customer service if he had informed me upfront of the possible delays.

Unfortunately it is not only my window being repaired - I also have the siding from my blowmax blowout.

MurrayN.

I lost the awning window under my main dinette window back in August. Put in an insurance claim and got the ok to get a replacement. Ordered it from my selling Heartland dealer at the end of August thinking that the factory window would at least match the tint of my factory windows. But now it's almost December and still no window. Not that I need my rv before next spring, but this is taking forever. Thank goodness that this didn't happen at the beginning of rv season. I most likely would have gone to a local glass shop but then you're not sure if the tint will match.

ttondro

Well, it appears that it was a huge mistake for us to go to Camping World. After digging for more info, calling Heartland, and speaking with the managers up there we learned that after the long wait to have a technician look at the rig, the front office sat on the paperwork needed to sent up to Indiana for 10 days. Then, once the repairs were authorized, the service rep said he had ordered parts, but the parts order sat in the parts department for at least a week. The chairs are supposedly going to be rebuilt with parts coming from the chair company, but the chair company is not returning calls to Camping World. We need our rig on Dec. 21 and will have to drive up there to get it with no repairs yet!

Warantee runs out in April - if it weren't so soon, I would just pull the Sundance off the lot and take it to an independent but now we are too far down the line. It is very frustrating to hear everyone else's tale of woe as well. WTF!!!