SOLVED: Slide Room Hydraulic Hose Pressure Spec

palasota8

Hello
We have a Gateway 3650BH dose anyone know the pressure on the hydraulic lines for the slide outs? Ours blew out yesterday and need to have one built. Slides are stuck halfway out.

jimtoo

Re: Slide out

Hi palasota8,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I don't know what the pressures are on the system when extending or retracting, but if you remove the hose and take it to a shop that makes the hoses I'm sure they will use the same or better quality material.
A lot of auto parts stores and hardware stores are making them now also. You might check to make sure the hose was not being pinched or crimped when retracting or extending to cause the hose to leak.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

Last edited:

danemayer

Hi palasota8,

Sorry you're having this problem.

You can probably get any needed specs by calling Lippert. Their general support # is 574-537-8900.

Kosanko

Have you called your RV dealer or Heartland to check on the warranty? It may be covered and they may pay for an on-site repair.

wdk450

Palasota8:
I did a websearch for "Lippert Hydraulic Slide" and found some listings on E-Bay ($400 versus $1200 from Lippert). From the E-Bay listings i learned that the pump was a Parker brand. I went to the Parker website and put in "RV slide" in the site search and got 1 hit for "165 Series Hydraulic Power Units". Here is a link to that page that lists the pump pressure as "3500 psi capability".
See: http://www.parker.com/portal/site/P...26&vgnextcat=165 SERIES HYDRAULIC POWER UNITS