ATF: ElkRidge - Roof Washing

I recently purchased an 2015 Elkridge E289. It doesn't have a rear ladder so I was wondering how best to access the roof to wash it and will I be able to walk on it once if figure out how to get on top of it?

jimtoo

Hi campermaine,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Yes, you can walk on the roof. Just be very careful around the edges and vents. Just use what ever you feel comfortable with to get on the roof.

Jim M

Garypowell

When at our home base I get my extension ladder to go up the side. When traveling I back my truck close to a slide and then use the 6 foot step ladder I travel with. Put it in the bed of the truck and climb up on a slide.

I have never trusted my ladder that is attached to the back.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I put the slides out and put a ladder on the side of a slide. This way you can put your bucket with soap (no water), hose and brush on top of the slide and wash the top of the slides while your at it. If you have a rubber roof...only use Dawn liquid dish soap and rinse well. BTW, you can walk on the top of the slide...carefully.

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Why not use a truck wash? I'm not allowed to climb so, after use, I run truck and trailer through a local Blue Beacon truck wash. They do not scrub the roof but their waterfall rinse does a pretty good job.

bigdob24

I have run thrugh a Blue Beacon with the rig once and it came out nice, no trouble.
I have to take my truck there whenever it needs washed, won't fit in a regular car wash anymore.
The local one seems to have great employees and they always do a good job.
Seems like it's $25 for the truck alone and $60-$65 with the RV.