Ladder replacement for Big Horn 3010RE

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time posting in the Forum and I hope I am doing this correctly :rolleyes: We have a Big Horn 3010RE and we broke off the bottom step to the ladder when we drove into a steep driveway. With that said we need to replace our ladder. I have searched to see where I can purchase one and how to install it. I called Camping World and they told me it would be $149.00 plus at least $100.00 shipping to their location. Is that a "TRUE" price :confused: I looked on their site and they have a universal ladder but I'm not sure it will work on our RV. Can anyone assist with this? Can we install it ourselves or is it better to have a professional do it? THANK YOU! ;)

danemayer

Hi RobandKymBurns,

You might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. If you order from the parts dep't, ask for your club discount.

Another option would be to call Atwood. I think they make the ladder.

Mrsfish

We broke the bottom rung off our 3010re last summer. You know what? We decided that we didn't use the ladder anyway (or at least that first rung) and so we left it. This way I don't have to worry about breaking it off again. :)

pegmikef

I don't trust the ladder on mine, so I just use one of those folding/collapsible combination extension/step ladders and lean it up against the existing ladder. It gives me a nice angle for climbing and is cheaper and stronger than any replacement ladder.

awfinney

We broke the bottom rung off our 3010re last summer. You know what? We decided that we didn't use the ladder anyway (or at least that first rung) and so we left it. This way I don't have to worry about breaking it off again. :)

Ann, I just noticed that I did the same thing when we got home from the camp verde rally. I think I won't replace it either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mrsfish

Ann, I just noticed that I did the same thing when we got home from the camp verde rally. I think I won't replace it either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we use the ladder for holding our flag mounts. We also saw a neat setup on Richard and Steve's rigs this week where they have rigged a platform for holding their portable satellite that works on the ladder with a pulley system. Another good use for that ornament they call a ladder.