We have a VIN now.

CGibson

Our dealer called today and said that HL called him with a VIN for our new Big Horn. We are so ready to have our 5er delivered around the 1st of April. He is supposed to send us pictures as soon as they get it and do the PDI they do before delivery.

CGibson

Well to update our purchase, our unit has been at the dealers for 2 weeks now. We are waiting on delivery but the delivery company can't seem to find a driver to bring it up to us. We were told by the dealer that delivery up to us would not be a problem. We are getting concerned as our first payment for the loan is supposed to be on April 15.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Congratualtions on your new rig. Sorry to hear that your dealer isn't coming through for you on delivery. Maybe you could give Heartland a call directly to see if they could help with a transport company that is willing to bring your Bighorn to you.

Good luck,

Mark

jpmorgan37

Might have to wait until some of those big snow storm blowing across the Northern states subside. That's what I'm doing now before we head for Washington. It looks nasty up there.

John

flyfishing48

We are expecting our new Sundance this coming week so I was interested in this thread. I saw the military signature, but didn't think a lot about it. Then I started to think why is it so hard to find a driver to deliver the 5 er. I drive for a new car dealer once in awhile.
Then I clicked on your "My Location" now I understand. The 5 er must be in the lower 48 somewhere. Bummer. I hope things work out for you real soon.

CGibson

Yeah it is a new unit that we ordered from RVCapitalWholesalers, and I can't complain of anything in dealing with them until this. And as we understand from our salesman, it is the transport company that is the hold up. They are trying to get a specific driver that knows the roads through Canada which is a good thing but frustrating with our first payment coming up. I am just anxious to get it up here and get started camping for the summer.

CGibson

New Update---

Transport company found a driver yesterday and our unit is on the road stopping off tonight in Missouri, so only a few days now. We are figuring by about Sunday or Monday. YEA!!!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Congrats on your new Bighorn. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as we do ours. We're in Missouri now, maybe we'll get a glimpse of it on the road somewhere.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
5 days to ALASKA? :eek:

I am surprised it is only taking 5 days. lol My Sis has lived in Alaska for 30yrs and when they would come down in their motorhome, it took forever. Not sure what condition the Alcan highway is in now, but all they talked about was the 1500 miles of bad road. :eek:
Fred

CGibson

We think it will actually be Monday or Tuesday before he gets here. The driver leaves Missouri tomorrow to head this way. On another good note, we sold our toy hauler today also. So this has been a good week so far. :)

CGibson

But we drove to Texas from Anchorage in 6 days in 2006. The road isn't too bad just a few spots of construction and frost heaves.

CGibson

Just my husband and I, but we were driving to get there in a short time. We drove from 7:30 AM to about 5:30 PM stopping for bathroom breaks and lunch.