3670 help

RSIG

We are about to place an order for a 3670. Have a few questions. Slide toppers necessary? Trail-Air hitch or Mor-Ryde ? Factory tire issues?
Thanks for any advice.

aquiring signal

I regret getting the slide toppers. They do nothing but flap in the wind. I know they can be a plus for keeping debris off the slide tops, but the flapping noise is maddening. And to think I paid extra for them.:mad: Our last trailer did not have them and I don't think our next one will either.

We do not have the Trail-Air hitch or the Mor-Ryde and don't miss them either.

As for factory tires, just make sure they are at 110psi when you take delivery (our dealer had ours at 80psi - too low for H load range tires and this much weight)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
SRIG, I have the Mor/Ryde pin box and really like it. I know that it is cheaper that the other 2. Check out this link. http://tweetys.com Remember everybody has there own opinion and all the pin boxs work ok. But most people say that Mor/Ryde takes more of the chucking out. Good luck. Bob:D:D:eek:

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
If I were buying another coach I would definitely get the slide toppers. I would also purchase the Mor-Ryde pin box without a doubt. And Tweety's looks like the best price but I also did a search on Ebay and found a guy that had them a lot cheaper than Tweety's.

Good luck,
Mark

ChopperBill

I have toppers. It takes a pretty strong wind to make 'em flap. They do droop when they get a lot of rain an then I think they stretch. I would probably not get the factory ones. I like the Carefree on our TC a lot better. Dont droop when it rains.

aquiring signal

I have toppers. It takes a pretty strong wind to make 'em flap. They do droop when they get a lot of rain an then I think they stretch. I would probably not get the factory ones. I like the Carefree on our TC a lot better. Dont droop when it rains.

I have the Carefree of Colorado toppers, still would not recommend them if you are going to be anywhere windy. Save your money.