Snowbirds - where are you camping?

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
It looks like the park in Lakeland that I have stayed at the past three years is being sold in July to a developer that has been purchaisng a lot of the surrounding homes. Rumor has it that it might stay open as a campground for the next couple of years, but that a four-lane road is going in where today there is only two lanes. In order to expand the road, the swimming pool and clubhouse would have to be removed, and I can't see them trying to relocate the clubhouse somewhere else in the park for just two years.

That being said, I would appreciate it if those of you who are snowbirding in the states surrounding the Gulf or southern Atlantic seaboard would take a few minutes to answer the following questions...

1. Name and location of the park you are staying at.
2. Monthly rate for three months
3. Monthly rate for one-two months
4. Is electricity included (how much is the kw charge this year)?
5. Internet access?
6. Type of pad (concrete, gravel, grass, dirt)
7. How close are stores and restaurants?
8. How many years have you stayed at this park? If this is your first year, would you return?
9. If the park has a website, please show it.
10. What is the park's phone number?

Thanks. Hopefully, many folks would be able to use this information for their plans next winter.

davelinde

We are doing our second winter at
http://www.orangegrovecampground-fl.com/home

The rate schedule is on the site so I won't try to reproduce it here. We found it to be the most reasonably priced CG in the area. It has Wi-Fi and last year we used it with good reliability. This year I'm using my aircard instead (and we hear they are changing Wi-Fi vendors in January).

The pads are concrete patios with grass/hardpacked areas for the RV to park. It's a good setup. It's not the ritz - but we are 12 minutes from Disney, the people here are nice and we are happy.

main.php

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
Gulf Shores, Alabama campground

We are returning to Island Retreat RV Park for a 2ed year. We are going to be there from the end of Jan. till end of March. Monthly rate is about $450 for full hookup including electric and WiFi. Various stores within 2 miles and 5 minutes to the beach. Other info in on their web site.
www.islandretreatrv.com
There are alot of MI folks here.

vangoes

We also have reservations to return to Island Retreat in Gulf Shores for the month of Feb. This is our second year for Island Retreat. We have also stayed at the State Park in Gulf Shores .
BTW, see ya there Mike and Daphna!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Snow?

$500 month - 50A w/water, sewer, cable and WIFI. Plenty of open spots still available. :rolleyes: Gravel pad, friendly folks, a few restaurants within a couple of miles, many more available @ 35 miles away in Casper. Been at this location since late August, probably be leaving late Jan - mid Feb. I'd stay here again in a HEARTbeat! Not very warm right now, though! 6 expected for a high today, warmer tomorrow, up to 12! :D

Douglas, Wyoming - KOA

vangoes

Would like to revitalize this thread. Its getting close to a new year for the snowbirds so I'm looking for suggestions. I have reservations for Feb. in Gulfshores Al. but now I am looking for a potential spot in Central Fla. for January. This late in the year, it is tough to find a place that is reasonable and is not a dump so any input would be greatly appreciated.

geeksrus

$500 month - 50A w/water, sewer, cable and WIFI. Plenty of open spots still available. :rolleyes: Gravel pad, friendly folks, a few restaurants within a couple of miles, many more available @ 35 miles away in Casper. Been at this location since late August, probably be leaving late Jan - mid Feb. I'd stay here again in a HEARTbeat! Not very warm right now, though! 6 expected for a high today, warmer tomorrow, up to 12! :D

Douglas, Wyoming - KOA

We stayed over-nights there on our way south in November 08 & our return home in April 08.
Next time I'll be sure to look you up.

Eh!

We're spending 5 months at Clerbrook Golf & RV Resort just outside of Clermont, Fl. (about 35 miles from Orlando) We were there last winter and love the place, very reasonable and great people there. You can check their website.

stevebotts

We are currently at Indian Creek RV Resort in Ft. Myers Beach. The rate for three months of Oct. Nov and Dec is $333.00 per month. Goes up in Jan. but we will go to Arizona for Jan. Feb and March so did not get that price. This park is mostly park models, I would say 90-10 park models to RVs. Three nice pools, close to lots of restaurants, about 6 miles to the beach. Grass sites but all have a concrete patio. Electricity is included in the Oct. Nov Dec special rate.

2010augusta

We're staying at Gig Harbor RV Resort on the Key Penisula, in the Puget sound of Washington. It doesn't snow in Washington right??? It just rains all winter, so I guess we might be snowbirds too;)

Retired CPO

Hi folks,
I'm looking for a park,CG, KOA, etc for Jan 2010 thru Mar in the Western or Southwestern part of the country. No more cold WX or cold rain/ Snow days for me. I'm considering the RGV below Corpus Christie TX. near mission. Anyone with an input kindly speak up.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hi folks,
I'm looking for a park,CG, KOA, etc for Jan 2010 thru Mar in the Western or Southwestern part of the country. No more cold WX or cold rain/ Snow days for me. I'm considering the RGV below Corpus Christie TX. near mission. Anyone with an input kindly speak up.

We stayed at Paradise South in Donna last year it was nice. Give Ken and Kathy of Rescue Tape fame a holler the have a place at Ratima Village in the RGV, Very nice.

rick_debbie_gallant

We are heading for Rockport/fulton, Texas. We are NOT snow birds, however we are WINTER TEXANS and SUMMER MICHIGANDERS. WE just like the sounds of "Winter Texans", it gives us a sense of belonging.:D

Tom of Ypsi

We will be staying in Mission West. There is another Landmark and a Big Horn that are there also. Some time early next year Jay & Stella Coffman (JayC), Bob & Pat Curry (Txbobcat) and Bill & Ornell Sims (Osims) will be coming down for a few weeks or longer. Almost any park in the valley you will see a Heartland product and a Hearland dealer (Ron Hoover) is in the valley also. So come on down you will not be lonely.

Weslaco

We are going to Snow to Sun in Weslaco, TX. LOTS of things to do in the area including shopping in Mexico only 5 minutes away. We like this park because it has ooooddddllleeesss of activities in the winter and the people there are very friendly. Actually, we bought our Landmark this year because of one parked next to us last year!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
We stayed over-nights there on our way south in November 08 & our return home in April 08.
Next time I'll be sure to look you up.

Eh!

Not in Wyoming at the current time. Working / parked in NE Nebraska now, probably be here until DEC sometime. May get to move south then...what a concept! :cool:

Wintering In Arizona

We winter at Palm Creek RV Resort at Casa Grande, Arizona. It's between Phoenix and Tucson. Check them out on the inter-net at www.palmcreekgolf.com or call them at 1.800.421.7004 and ask for their free interactive cd-rom. We retired last year and spent four months there. It was everything we expected and more. We live in Wyoming and wanted someplace warm to spend the winter.

MC9

We winter in Green Valley RV Resort, just south of Tucson. Have a home in Cheboygan, MI. We will wander out via Elkhart (factory replacing a piece of trim on the inside) and Greenville, SC visiting son and family. Then on to hill country Texas to visit DW brother. Looking forward to the trip in new Sundance 2900MK.