2015 CY3010 Electric Recliner

TX_Clay

I was a little skeptical about having an electric recliner. after all, how hard is it to recline in a standard one? But ours came with one. On walk through, wife set down and pushed the button. Out goes the footrest, push the other button, down it goes. That was the last time it has worked. Any suggestions where to start? Yes it is warranty, but not really keen on waiting for ever to get it back.
I verified power at the plug. I am thinking it maybe the switch in the armrest. But can't figure out how to get it loose to look.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Call HL service and have your VIN# handy. The service rep might know the answer or can give the PH# of the seat maker.

GOTTOYS

Another gimmick that solves a problem that never existed....Why don't they just concentrate on giving us some decent quality recliners that will last several years as opposed to this type of thing with all the poorly made doo-dads that fall apart after 6 months or less, of use??? JMHO...Don

branson4020

Icantre Member
another gimmick that solves a problem that never existed....why don't they just concentrate on giving us some decent quality recliners that will last several years as opposed to this type of thing with all the poorly made doo-dads that fall apart after 6 months or less, of use??? Jmho...don

x2..

kbbagshaw

I'm currently sitting in my 2015 Cyclone with my feet up wondering how I'm going to get the sides in because I can't get the foot rest down. Thanks Heartland for another problem to deal with. Ive been waiting on parts and repairs since August for several things. We had a 2009 Big Country we were happy with. Our experience with this Cyclone proves to me Heartland no longer is concerned with quality or service. My next fiver won't be a Heartland product.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
So you don't think you will have problems with an sob? :). That's cute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbbagshaw

QUOTE=jassson007;396506]So you don't think you will have problems with an sob? :). That's cute.
It's not just problems, it's the apparent lack of concern when I do have them. Heartland isn't my religion so when I spend $70,000 on a product the manufacturer doesn't stand behind, I feel comfortable in voicing my displeasure. As for another SOB, I guess I'll find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

TX_Clay

I called Heartland as advised and talked to the service rep for Texas, Greg Flint. He is reaching out to the recliner manufacture to see what steps I can take on my own to resolve the issue. LOL, Greg asked me if there was anything else he could help me with. So, I gave him my list had had been keeping. Short version: 1: How to access the back of 50"TV. 2: Diagram or Schematic of how the antenna coax was setup. 3:More air coming from beside the vent-a-hood than exiting the trailer. 4:Status on parts the dealership ordered. 5:Shower head for exterior shower was not delivered with trailer.
Greg replied to me in an email with directions how to remove the TV and schematic of the coax system. Called me to talk about how to remove the Microwave/vent so I could fix the leak and informed me that he did not show anything on order from the dealership for my RV and that he would be shipping all the parts directly to my home address along with a Shower head. Still waiting on a answer for the recliner, but I feel confident I will hear from him soon on it. He has listened to my concerns, been courteous and informative, making sure I had what I needed. Can't get any better than that in my book. If only the dealer was as helpful. Oh well.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I was a little skeptical about having an electric recliner. after all, how hard is it to recline in a standard one? But ours came with one. On walk through, wife set down and pushed the button. Out goes the footrest, push the other button, down it goes. That was the last time it has worked. Any suggestions where to start? Yes it is warranty, but not really keen on waiting for ever to get it back.
I verified power at the plug. I am thinking it maybe the switch in the armrest. But can't figure out how to get it loose to look.

I had the same problem with the theater seating in my Big Horn. I had power to the unit but it would not go down and retract the foot rest. I went in the back, lifter the flag that covered the open area below the back rest. I then proceeded to check all the quick connect plugs and other connectors for good contact and tight fit. That salved my issue, and it has not happened again. I figured traveling down our "smooth" highways caused connectors or plugs to vibrate loose. I do not know which connection was causing the problem. The only two switches that worked when I could not get the chair to retract were the vibrator and heat function. Good luck.

NadjaP

TX_Clay, did you ever get a response on the problem with the recliner switch? Both of mine stopped working tonight. I checked the power source and all the connections (that were accessible).
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX_Clay

I did, seems that there is a power convertor that sits inline. The electric cord from the wall to the converter came unplugged from it. All that needed to be done was for it to be plugged back in. Getting to it is a different story.

NadjaP

I did, seems that there is a power convertor that sits inline. The electric cord from the wall to the converter came unplugged from it. All that needed to be done was for it to be plugged back in. Getting to it is a different story.

Though mine do not appear to be unplugged, I suspect that they may not be making a good connection (a little unplugged?). And yes, the hard part is figuring out how to get in there to check it out.
Thanks so much for your reply!

Nadja

NadjaP

The solution to my issue came when the distributor of the recliner/sofa shipped us two new switches. They both worked! We took one of the broken switches apart and tinkered with the wires inside and got it to work in "opening" the recliner but not retracting it. The other broken switch is still installed. We will let the dealer handle removing and replacing the location of the switch. Just happy it all worked. In case someone with this issue finds this thread, I hope this post encourages them to contact Heartland and perhaps see if the switch is the issue.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread!