Need a kid to help program TV & Surround Sound

teasac69

I'm pretty tech savvy, (or so I thought) but this Samsung TV and sound bar has me stumped. Each has it's own remote but you can't turn the TV on without the sound bar and then you cannot turn it down past a certain level and have no ability to mute. When you run the volume on the remote down, the counter appears on the TV and goes to "0" but the TV is still too loud for me. Plus, it has to be the TV speakers since I can get the sound bar to come up and it sounds very different when it does come on.

anybody got a kid they can loan me? The instruction manuals don't help, they give instructions that don't work.

pegmikef

Unfortunately, I can't help you and my grandson is not around right now . . . but not to worry as I know we have a lot of "big kids" on this forum and I'm confident they will chime in to help you. Thanks for your 'nam service.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The little kid in me says that if you select "Menu" on your Samsung TV, then select "Sound", "Speaker Setting" and finally select "External Speaker".
Or something like that.
Some equipment may not be exactly as described. Not available in third world countries. Some restrictions may apply.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If you go into the TV's 'audio' or 'sound' menu, you should be able to turn off the TV's speakers so that you will only be listening to the sound bars' speakers . . .