Portable Grill Hose Extension -- link needed!

TxCowboy

Would someone here be able to post a link or two for the propane hose extension that runs from the gas port near the door/steps and connects to a Coleman Road Trip Classic portable gas grill?

For the gas grill, Coleman recommends a 5 foot hose listed in the grill's owners manual. If you check the Coleman website for that hose, it has supposedly been replaced with a new hose, part number 5470A7931T, but a search for that part on the Coleman website shows that part number does not exist. Gotta love that!

I'd like to get a 10 to 12 foot hose, if one exists.

I have a 2011 32RL, if that help.

Thanks for any help!

danemayer

I think the Coleman Road Trip Grill has its own regulator and needs a high pressure feed like you would get directly from your 30# propane tank.

If your camper came with a gas port for a grill, it's probably a low pressure supply that is after the propane tank regulator.

There are low pressure grills, but if you already have your grill, here's a link to a video that shows how someone else solved the problem.

TXTiger

Great link Dan. I have the Weber Q200 and have the same problem. Can't connect to the propane supply on the rig because it is already low pressure and the grill has its own regulator. Will have to investigate if I can make the same modification to my Weber grill

brianlajoie

We bought a Weber Q2200. I went to a propane shop and they made a 12' hose and all the connections I need to use the rigs propane. It works great and I don't need another tank fill.

pegmikef

Here's a site that has lots of propane stuff. This link takes you to the low pressure connectors page, but I am pretty sure they have about any hose you might want.

TxCowboy

Just a thought after reviewing the info on the link Mike was nice enough to provide: Isn't there someone out there that already markets the "work around" that we're dealing with here?

I'd pay to have the "fix" for this issue without having to take the grill components apart and make a trip to the local propane retailer with a shopping list.

TxCowboy

Dave, that won't work. See post #1. Need a low pressure line that connects to the proprietary Coleman grill fitting and also connects to the low pressure line that is installed on the RV unit.

My question is/was: Is someone already making this "work around" since it seems there are many people that have a need for this hose and connection.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've had a Coleman Road Kill and it had its own regulator which required high pressure to it.
Does yours not have a regulator?
Can you post a picture of where you need to connect the hose?

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Dave, that won't work. See post #1. Need a low pressure line that connects to the proprietary Coleman grill fitting and also connects to the low pressure line that is installed on the RV unit.

My question is/was: Is someone already making this "work around" since it seems there are many people that have a need for this hose and connection.
The device Dave linked to doesn't use your low pressure trailer connection. It goes right on the propane tank and you'd also need an extension hose to the grill.

Subdrv

I took my regulator off my weber Q200 went to local big box hardware and found the fitting to place a male quick disconnect on the the grill. Placed the female end on a 15' hose from Rv store and the grill works fine. I kept the control value on the grill. When I'm at my home base I use the same hose to connect to a 500 gallon(it was there when I bought the lot) house style tank with a regulator and feed the whole camper so I don't have to keep refilling the smaller bottles.

I will get some picks tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Subdrv

Here are picture of my connections. I removed the female quick disconnect to tie into the hard line from the big tank.

6f675fc6e3e5d23a89e81f3153e06e8e.jpg
b3ba43cfce1cfe9658d819843ace5087.jpg
a7ef32f272e967bc6d17123e4f426a65.jpg
649be38b1d8982b0205681f7064d78ce.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2d26511ec894303269c9e3cc5e21e631.jpg