Closed threads - again?

porthole

Retired
Trying to add something to one of the threads I again find a closed thread.
Why would the Massachusetts thread be closed with the last post only 5 months old?

I see no reason to start a new thread on Paul Revere's time capsule being unearthed, but certainly feel it could be added to the Boston rally.

Since this thread was only last posted less then 5 months ago, so it wasn't a time shut down. Wouldn't be so bad if the thread could be un-closed, but apparently the software doesn't allow for that.

So, who closed the Boston Rally thread? Reason?

jimtoo

Posted by Julie Hancock, Club Manager. "Event threads are closed after the date of the event has passed. This can occur anywhere from 30 days to 90 days after the event depending on thread activity and/or the type of event."

And I agree about closing the threads after a rally depending on traffic. Also what does Paul Revere's time capsule have to do with a rally that is over and done?

A new thread should be started in the "Around the Campfire" thread area.

jbeletti

Duane,

What Jim McGee has quoted is accurate on rally threads. Note too that a thread can be reopened at any time if need be.

porthole

Retired
Posted by Julie Hancock, Club Manager. "Event threads are closed after the date of the event has passed. This can occur anywhere from 30 days to 90 days after the event depending on thread activity and/or the type of event."And I agree about closing the threads after a rally depending on traffic. Also what does Paul Revere's time capsule have to do with a rally that is over and done? A new thread should be started in the "Around the Campfire" thread area.
And I disagree.