Texas address

TXTiger

Well I know I will get a lot of slack for this but for health insurance purposes I now have a Texas address at Escapees. Therefore I have changed my user name and am no longer Tony Two Toes. I am now TXTiger. God bless Texas.

MCTalley

No slack from us. We have a Texas Escapees address ourselves. Sadly, it caused our health insurance rates to double from what we were paying in Alabama. Otherwise, it's all good. Escapees is working on putting locations in South Dakota and Florida, as well, for folks that want to (continue to) use one of those states for a domicile and mailing address.

chiefneon

Howdy!

Welcome to The Great State of Texas. We are life member of the Escapees are also use there mail service.

"Hapy Trails"
Chiefneon

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome Tony, we love Having you join our great state. When you're in the neighborhood, look us up at Solid Rock RV Park, near Eastland, TX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I am also an Escapee. Have been since 2006. Fulltiming since 2007. Contact me if you have any questions. Welcome to Texas and the Escapee family.

BC

Paul & Nan

We were neighbors at Goshen in 12, welcome to TX Tony. Hope all is well with you. Paul and Nan and the boys.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There is a saying here in Texas. That is "Maybe you weren't born in Texas but at least you got here as soon as you could". We love our "paper" Texans. Our home is in Sebastopol, Texas which is about 20 miles from the Livingston Escapee Rainbow's End park.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
What is the financial advantage to claiming Texas as your home state? I know that is a loaded question and there are probably a lot of reasons, but I would like to hear from you all about it. I know SD is considered one of the desired states to claim if you are a full timer.

I am a Washingtonian and will retire here in a few years and starting to plan now. In Washington we have no state income tax, our vehicle licensing is under $80 per year per vehicle and our health insurance costs (I hear) are middle of the road.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Rod Ditrich

jmgratz

What is the financial advantage to claiming Texas as your home state? I know that is a loaded question and there are probably a lot of reasons, but I would like to hear from you all about it. I know SD is considered one of the desired states to claim if you are a full timer.

I am a Washingtonian and will retire here in a few years and starting to plan now. In Washington we have no state income tax, our vehicle licensing is under $80 per year per vehicle and our health insurance costs (I hear) are middle of the road.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Rod Ditrich

There is no state income tax in Texas either. You can register your vehicle via mail and driver's license too.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
How are health care costs relative to elsewhere in the US? How easy is it to travel and have your mail forwarded?

jmgratz

How are health care costs relative to elsewhere in the US? How easy is it to travel and have your mail forwarded?

If you use the Escapees for the mail forwarding it is a breeze. Check out their website at www.escapees.com and you can see. Also the Escapees will give you a Texas address which even allows you to vote in Polk County Texas as a Texas Resident. I can't compare health care costs as we have only had it in Texas and are on Medicare. Texas does require you to have auto insurance though. For more info you can call Escapees and they will fill you in. They also have contacts with auto and health insurance discounts. Ask them.