Questions

Fordsd250

I have a 3500RL BH and was wondering about a couple of things. 1. On the slide on the door side of the RV, the cylinder underneath the slide has a lock nut on the end of the shaft and two nuts on the others side of the bracket that the shaft goes thru to push or pull the slide. My question is, the locknut on the end was finger tight and the other two nuts were loose also. What is the correct adjustment of these nuts?

2. When I turn on my fantastic fan, it will not raise the vent top on the frist try. It seems to bind up and stop. I then turn it off and back on and sometimes it will work. Any suggestion?:confused:

BigBlue

BigBlue
Can't answer the first question. On the second I had the same problem. I found info on the internet that it happens quite a bit. Check the alignment and also check the fit of the cover over the opening. Sometimes a little lubricant like silicon spray will help.

Scott

Hydraulic Nuts & Vents

Guys,
I'm going to tell you that the nuts on the hydraulic ram are for adjusting it's position, and thus the room. What I am not sure of (and our slide-out guy is gone for the day) is whether or not any of them should be tight. If you need to know asap, contact Lippert's Customer Service Line at 866.524.7821. You should find them to be very helpful - and about 100 times more useful that what I am proving to be on this question. Or, you can call me during the day at the office (574.262.5992) and I will run out and ask our slide-out group leader to explain the settings to me so I can pass them on to you.
Regarding your Fantastic Fan, I have heard of this occurance (sticking some times) before. On one person's unit, it was more of a expansion/contraction issue as it only happened in the afternoon when the vent had been sitting in the sun all day. At night, or in the morning, it opened on the first time each try. That being said, when a roof vent like this is hanging up, it typically has to do with the excess caulking used around the vent. Look for any places where the vent cover may be touching the caulking and you may find the culprit.

kerry

Fantastic fan

Fantastic fans have had a problem sticking shut. There is a fix from fantastic fan; they had a problem with the gasket used and the material in the lid. They will send you a new gasket and info howto fix. Using a silicon spray or grease on one that has a problem doesen't help ( I know, I tried ). Contact Fantastic Fan

Kerry