Roof Bubbles

We purchased a 14 landmark 4 months ago. When washing the roof I noticed 2 air bubbles under the rubber roof. I'm leery to discuss the issue with Heartland because of past experiences of non-accountability or refusal to accept responsibility. Any thoughts and/or corrections?

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
You can't expect them to fix something they don't know about. I have been a heartland owner for several years and two different heartland products and have always had extremely good customer service from heartland even after my warranty has expired. My recommendation is to call them and tell them about your problems and find a service center to take your Landmark into to be evaluated. It does not have to be a heartland dealership it can be any repair facility in your area.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
How big are the bubbles?
Small ones are common and most are a not issue.
Common yes. Correct? I don't know.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

I have notice that some sections of the curved metal side-to-roof surface flashing have raised up from their roof board mating about 1/4 inch or so, and raising the rubber membrane covering it. I don't know how the flashing was attached to the roof board, but I think it was glued (if any securing was done). The rubber roof membrane is still intact, but should I be worrying about this?

RoadJunkie

To me, the important factor would be how large are the bubbles. Most, if not all, roofs have some sort of bubbles in them. If they are large enough to "flap" when you're moving down the road, then I would probably use needle injection to first remove the air and then inject an adhesive/sealant to the affected area. To you, the important factor may be what you expect Heartland to do; repair as I suggest, or install a whole new roof? I learned a long time ago that if you can live with an imperfection, don't touch it. Sometimes correcting a small issue can develop into a whole different set of deeper problems. I know it's hard because your rig is only 4 months old and you clearly spent your hard-earned money to buy it. Best of luck.